4bbb 3/4 handicaps

2macs

Visit site
Howdy, playing a competition 4Ball 3/4 handicaps ( 2 to score each hole, stableford ). Being told that even 4's is a good score but also being told that we would need mid to high eighty points. What is a good score? Best score we have so far is 76 points.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
an average of 5 a hole is about what you would be looking for depending on which course you at at. A harder course an average of 4.5 may well be a winning score.

What you are looking for is to have one nett par and one nett birdie per hole on average between 4 players. However while picking up shots is the name of the game, dropping shots is serious back peddling in this type of event.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd have thought 2 x 36 plus another 9 (say) would be a good score from the best 2 scores of 4 players off 3/4.

So, my answer is 81.

Not played such a format, so could be wrong.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Bacon, square sausage, black pudding, hash browns, scrambled egg, beans, fried bread and coffee. mmmmm :D

Bob ... It's 11am and I have been at work since 7.15am and I havn't had anything to eat since 7pm last night .. ok?

Please give us a break, I can almost smell that plate full!

Still .. off to golf at 12 o clock - lifes not all bed eh?

Chris

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd have thought 2 x 36 plus another 9 (say) would be a good score from the best 2 scores of 4 players off 3/4.

So, my answer is 81.

On most tracks, 81 would be a mile off the prizes. Of course, it does depend on the course difficulty. But, for a win, you're looking at 90+ points , I reckon. :(

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

So, my answer is 81.

On most tracks, 81 would be a mile off the prizes. Of course, it does depend on the course difficulty. But, for a win, you're looking at 90+ points , I reckon. :(

I guess it depends on the standard of the players. Good players, yes, I agree. Mid-high, not so sure. As I said, I've not played the format.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

So, my answer is 81.

I guess it depends on the standard of the players. Good players, yes, I agree. Mid-high, not so sure. As I said, I've not played the format.

I've played in a lot of these things. In a club comp, mid-80s might be enough, in any kind of open event and it'll be way more needed.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you're taking best 2 from 4 then I see no reason why you wouldnt aim for 5 points a hole (90 in total).

I won one of these opens a long time ago and our h/cs were 4,8,12 and 16. I'm pretty sure we ended up with something like early 90's , it was somewhere in Bristol. A lot 6 point holes that cancelled out any 4 pointers and then I threw in a hat load of birdies on non stroking holes.