49 Stableford Points

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll say. I've never even heard of getting anything like that many in a comp before.

I was glad I didn't shoot a 43-44 and then be gutted at coming nowhere near! ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
In my last year at my old club I was due to play the Prizewinners event in the October. I'd tweaked my hand a week earlier playing out from under a tree and couldn't play. Damn good job too. One guy came in with a 76 gross(+5) playing off 16. And it was Medal.

I'd have had to shoot -2 gross to win. Glad I saved my entrance fee.....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It does happen especially once the courses get a bit dry and running. It means a lot more holes become in range even for higher handicappers. I guess the pragmatisist says let the handicappers do their thing and see how close to 49 he gets next time

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Or maybe they had been putting the time in on their short game or god forbid had a short game lesson or 2? That coupled with how easy the courses are playing at the moment (if the greens are kept well watered) could quite easily lead to that.

Shot a gross 61 today (par 71 course) in the monthly medal playing off 13 and my putter was barely behaving. Had more birdie putts than I've ever had today and managed to turn 4 of them into bogeys! Course is playing silly short - got on a 590yard par 5 in 2 with driver + 20deg hybrid!

I know for a fact a 2 handicapped came in -3 gross not long after me bemoaning how crap he played!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or maybe they had been putting the time in on their short game or god forbid had a short game lesson or 2? That coupled with how easy the courses are playing at the moment (if the greens are kept well watered) could quite easily lead to that.

Shot a gross 61 today (par 71 course) in the monthly medal playing off 13 and my putter was barely behaving. Had more birdie putts than I've ever had today and managed to turn 4 of them into bogeys! Course is playing silly short - got on a 590yard par 5 in 2 with driver + 20deg hybrid!

I know for a fact a 2 handicapped came in -3 gross not long after me bemoaning how crap he played!

You shot ten under[of course you did.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The greens were well watered after all.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive just shot a net 62, gross 80 off 19 in the medal.

First time I have put a decent medal round together. Was club house leader at 13:00 so fingers crossed. Should get a nice cut for that! :D

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of rumblings today about the score. Looks like it was his first comp and he'd only just put 3 cards in. A lot of very unimpressed people around the club.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Easily done ;)

Geoff_Baker

cleekandjigger.com
I played in an open at Teignmouth a few years ago and was about to put my 35 points into the computer when the leaderboard popped up. 50 points from a 17 handicapper - I don't care how 'easy' a course is playing, to shoot 14 under nett I'm afraid your handicap is almost certainly bogus.

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
played in a team stableford last week and one fourball of 20+ handicappers put in 135 points (108 being level 2s). 27 under handicap between them.

That was with 4 scoring on the last six holes. No blobs (or even one-pointers) out of 24 chances on the last six? On a tight course requiring very straight play?

Erm, yes - course you did chaps. Some very disgruntled competitors at the presentation afterwards, especially having seen how poorly they all played the last in full view of everyone else.