44 inch driver

Paulsearle1405

Medal Winner
Visit site
So I have just had my Cobra fly Z driver shortened to 44 inches & played my first round today.

I understand that ultimately it's down to my skills (or lack of) how my shots end up, but I am amazed at the results on the course.

It performed brilliantly & gave me so much confidence. My brother adopted it most of the course & has now had his driver shortened.

As I tell my wife who needs an extra inch lol

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As the tech in driver heads has maxed out the only way to get more length for their new models was to make shafts longer.
These are tested by robots which do hit it longer.
But most golfers can't control a 45inch driver.
The length of a driver shaft should be part of a fitting but have never had it mentioned at any.
Most golfers would benefit from a shorter shaft.
Just don't go cutting it down as it will affect the swing weight..

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tried shortening my 3 wood the other day from 43.5-42.5 and it felt bloody orrible so I extended it back up to 43" and it feels a lot better, something to do with swing weight I presume...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried shortening my 3 wood the other day from 43.5-42.5 and it felt bloody orrible so I extended it back up to 43" and it feels a lot better, something to do with swing weight I presume...
possible but maybe just a feel thing.
If you put the seat back in your car 12" it will feel terrible but you would get used to it eventually.

Three wood head is much heavier than a driver so you would feel it more as it would change the weight ratio that your used to.