40 seconds

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a guy that freezes over the ball and has been timed at 42 seconds from addressing the ball to hitting it. That's an average time for him and he's taken as long as 51 seconds. It's a standing joke at our place. I'm not sure anyone would have the gumption to pull him up on it

My uncle would. He always is out first and whizzes round. One day had a bloke with him who had a disability, a pronounced limp, and took millions on practice swings. The fella played off 36 a few years ago!. Anyhoo, I joked that he'd never get round in his usual under 3 hours, but he did! How? My uncle just said to the fella, there's not point you swishing practice swings you don't hit the ball far anyway, just stand over it and hit it.
Round in 3 hours. Job done.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In our seniors Mondays comp we normally tee at 10.45 we often have a chat on the side of the tee with guys who teed off at 8.00 am. They absolutely hate it they do not get the first tee slot.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My uncle would. He always is out first and whizzes round. One day had a bloke with him who had a disability, a pronounced limp, and took millions on practice swings. The fella played off 36 a few years ago!. Anyhoo, I joked that he'd never get round in his usual under 3 hours, but he did! How? My uncle just said to the fella, there's not point you swishing practice swings you don't hit the ball far anyway, just stand over it and hit it.
Round in 3 hours. Job done.
Doubt it. It's 42 seconds to play the shot. He gets over the ball ready to hit and freezes. Funny thing is he gets from shot to shot really quickly but once he's over the ball he's comatosed. He's slow, and regularly contributes to whatever group he's in losing position and has been tackled about it from all sides. He's one of those though that refuses to accept he's the root cause of the problem. Shame as he's a decent golfer and nice chap off the course