3 foot putts

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find I get a bit "Wafty" on the takeaway on short putts so I start with the putter head set back..Lift, take back slightly and push through. It's not exactly textbook stuff but it eliminates the "Waftyness"

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Once again, thanks for the various advice and tips, I shall try them out on the carpet into my new Putt out. Funny enough qwerty's suggestion has been working for me for a day or two now.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Have you tried using a line on the ball Chris? Line it up, trust it then make a positive stroke :thup:

I have at times but lining up the line is one of the only difficulties that the replaced hips and reconstructed knee gives me, it's so difficult to squat down to align it properly.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have at times but lining up the line is one of the only difficulties that the replaced hips and reconstructed knee gives me, it's so difficult to squat down to align it properly.

Oh OK, how about Johnny's Ar$e Putt method then? 😂

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You don't want putting advice from me, but I saw a YouTube video this week and in it the instructor said lots of good putters putt toe down- heel up because their wrists are high (in relation to where they would be with a wedge for example). I tried this on the carpet and found pushing it almost impossible- the push is defo my weakness. Looking forward to trialling it in real life if the weather forecast is 100% wrong for Monday

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
A nice drill that a pro in a putting group session gave us last year: put a club down directly in front of the hole, so that you have to putt over the shaft. It feels really weird and a bit scary at the beginning, but it makes you hit the putts with exactly the right speed and a bit of determination, avoiding the putts to die in front of the hole or taking too much break because they run out of speed as they approach the hole. Works best for putts between 2 and 4 foot (and on relatively flat ground, if you have too much break to consider, you'd rather let it die in from the high side).

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have a nasty habit of looking up a little early on short putts. I try and listen for the plink, plink of it hitting the bottom of the hole before I look up. Works for me.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You don't want putting advice from me, but I saw a YouTube video this week and in it the instructor said lots of good putters putt toe down- heel up because their wrists are high (in relation to where they would be with a wedge for example). I tried this on the carpet and found pushing it almost impossible- the push is defo my weakness. Looking forward to trialling it in real life if the weather forecast is 100% wrong for Monday

I believe Steve Stricker putts like this