2nd hand golf clothes. Would you?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I buy all my clothes new, but the only clubs I've bought new is my putter, two hybrids and two Vokeys. My driver, 3 wood and irons are secondhand, just as were the previous irons and woods.

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can certainly see the sense in buying "pre-loved", when it comes to GG.
Just had a look on clubhouse golf...:eek:
Me and the "not so" fat controller could have a weeks holiday for the price of a waterproof jacket and keks

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I do, though not base layers.

No problem with near new shoes, though haven't done that for several years - as Eccos are no longer bargains!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't consider secondhand . When I was growing up everything was from jumble sales etc as we had no money and I just wouldn't wear anything that wasn't new.

Given that, if you look around there are some real bargains on web sites to be had and I rarely pay full RRP for anything

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi John, I've not seen you for a while and I hope all's well :thup:

Answering your question - The thought would never enter my head, not in a zillion years. I've bought 3 used clubs over the years and without any hesitation I replace the grip :D

D

Deleted member 15344

Nope - wouldn't wear second hand clothes that go against the body

Waterproofs maybe , shoes also

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been lucky enough to receive slightly used items from a couple of tour pros i know, pullovers, shirts, shoes and gloves..
They've only only worn/used a few times by people i know and clothing gets washed anyway.

But i do do draw the line on at pants , they wouldn't fit anyway :rofl:

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought a Cross waterproof windcheater with detachable sleeves last year for peanuts (£20) from ebay and it looks like it hasn't been worn before. I just washed it before I wore it - no different than having a recently washed over-garment you bought new, except for the massive savings in your pocket imo.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
No problem with second hand for me. Will happily browse the charity shops but will be a bit more picky about quality. Got a few good jumpers and suitable trousers. Even managed to pick up a brand new, labels still on, Callaway shirt in Sligo Oxfam shop for £5 so always worth checking them.

Also got 2 pairs of IJP trousers on here and they were perfect, can't remember the exact cost but it was significantly less than even one pair new would have been.

If the price is right and condition is good then I don't care if someone else has worn it as long as it's been washed :D