2nd hand club shops

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
First time back on here today after about 12 months. Caught the bug again a bit.

Was about to replace my irons before I had a break from playing. Now I've started getting out there again I'm reminded of why I wanted to upgrade. Would probably be looking at 2nd hand due to budget and ability. Now I'm looking what's about, there seems to be a lack of 2nd hand stuff. Even golfbidder and golfclubs4cash seem to have very little stock.

Has anyone got any recommendations for places selling pre-owned clubs?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think post-lockdown a lot of people decided to change up their bag having missed playing, and quite a lot of people took the game up for the first time because it was a good way to get out and about when gyms etc were closed. Hence why some of the sellers might have lower stock.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I checked and wasn't that much in the way of irons. A lot of smaller brand stuff that looked similar to package sets and a lot of higher end without much middle ground haha

last time i was in the Edinburgh store they had hundreds of sets of irons, must have had at least 100 sets of PINGS alone, a fair few Mizuno and even a few Beautigue brands like Mura, Vega and Honma.. must have sold them all in lockdown

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Golfbidder my first choice. Plenty of stock, honest assessment of quality and 7 day return policy. I accept they aren't the cheapest but I have had clubs rate 7 or 8 out of 10 and they've been brand new or used once at most

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
last time i was in the Edinburgh store they had hundreds of sets of irons, must have had at least 100 sets of PINGS alone, a fair few Mizuno and even a few Beautigue brands like Mura, Vega and Honma.. must have sold them all in lockdown

Would have been a good time to be in that business haha

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golf clubs 4 cash would get my vote too. Used them both online and in store and it's always great service. I agree tho that certainly on ebay they have what seems like very little stock at the moment, maybe give them a few weeks and see what stock they get it. Even tho they never really closed through the Lockdown they only opened full this Monday so see what comes in from more people going this week.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golfbidder my first choice. Plenty of stock, honest assessment of quality and 7 day return policy. I accept they aren't the cheapest but I have had clubs rate 7 or 8 out of 10 and they've been brand new or used once at most

golfbidder is extremely sparse atm, must have sold a lot when all the shops were shut.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah this is what I've been finding.

I know golfbidder, golfclubs4cash and affordablegolf are all decent options, but their stock is just limited at the moment.

Ideally I want a set of M4 irons but can't find them anywhere new or used

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
AffordableGolf have an Ebay shop as well as a website - they're along the lines of GC4C

I have used Affordable Golf on 3 occasions in the past year (experimenting with different clubs)

No set matched their description but having complained I got a part refund on every set.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
+1 for Golfbidder. Accurate descriptions, handicap guide for clubs, 7 day trial and guaranteed to be genuine clubs. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Depending on your budget, I'd be happy to take a punt on ebay or gumtree.

I actually buy and sell a reasonable amount of hobby stuff on gumtree. Not much in the way of golf, simply because I'm not a big club changer. But always worth a look if you have time to go and see items. Clearly there is risk involved, but very good chance of saving - even compared to pre-owned on golf bidder or in shops.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I just read the description, bear in mind that they are plus half inch and 1 degree flat.

They're stiff flex as well so unfortunately no good for me haha found some benross in a similar shape added by golfclubs4cash though.

Does anyone know what GC4C ratings are like?