2k21 on PS4

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play it on Pro level. Beginner doesn't give you enough distance, Master gives you a small bit extra distance but makes it way harder so it's not worth it. Pro is the happy medium.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone worked out how to get a decent amount of backspin on the ball? The old games it was easy but doesnt matter what i do on here the ball just rolls. Think i get more spin in real life!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone worked out how to get a decent amount of backspin on the ball? The old games it was easy but doesnt matter what i do on here the ball just rolls. Think i get more spin in real life!
You can only really do it with the lob wedge, left stick all the way down for hitting with more loft or whatever. More likely to get it on splash and flop shots, but you still don't get very much. Best you usually get is the ball stops dead, or comes back about a foot.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can only really do it with the lob wedge, left stick all the way down for hitting with more loft or whatever. More likely to get it on splash and flop shots, but you still don't get very much. Best you usually get is the ball stops dead, or comes back about a foot.

Right stick all the way down before you take your shot isn't it? You can get good backspin with maybe up to pw or 9 iron, after that the ball just stops quicker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right stick all the way down before you take your shot isn't it? You can get good backspin with maybe up to pw or 9 iron, after that the ball just stops quicker.
That changes the shaft angle, it's left stick that changes the angle/loft that you put on it (i.e. it also puts draw and fade on). I have no idea why they have both really. I only use the right stick to give more elevation on drives when there's a helping wind really.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just finished on -6, it took 8 shots off me in total ?
Birdied 3-9 but had me at -3, parred one and put me down for a bogie, on one par 5 the commentator said "this is for eagle" sank it and walked off with a birdie ???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just played the next event but had some issues with the game turning birdies into pars, mainly on the par 5s. Weird.
Did you put handicap scoring on by mistake? I think I saw this on the older game once. If you put that on it takes shots off you since we're all + handicaps on there.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was thinking the same, time to throw in a few awful rounds in solo play ??
Ha - I was in another society once where they put handicap scoring on thinking it would level things up, but it just ruins it because the handicaps are all ridiculously broken. Mine is in the high +20s somewhere which is madness and pretty much impossible in reality I'd have thought.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you put handicap scoring on by mistake? I think I saw this on the older game once. If you put that on it takes shots off you since we're all + handicaps on there.

Hadn't thought of that, if i have it was an accidental click. I'll double check its off in future