28 handicap bag set up

sloweey

Visit site
in my bag I have a adjustable driver which I'm happy with set at 11.5 deg neutral
ive got 19 deg 5 wood
23 deg 4 hybrid
26 deg 5 hybrid
5,6,7,8,9,pw, irons
and a 60 deg wedge which I'm hit and miss with
and of course a putter

does this seem ok for a a high handicapper

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I would ditch the 60 and get a 56 or similar, I am guessing your irons are game improvement irons so the lofts are probably jacked so the PW would be 45ish, 45 to 60 is a massive gap and a 60 isn't the most versatile of clubs.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Clubs seem fine, however As you improve it may be beneficial to check your distances rather than clubs and shafts. If you have a good spread across your clubs, and no big gaps, or tiny gaps it will help you have a set that meets the needs of your game.

If you have a decent practise area hit 10 balls with each club. forget the 2 furthest and 2 closest. Get an average of the remaining 6 for your yardage for that club. Do it for each club in your bag in you have a few clubs that go the same yardage or massive gaps you can get your lofts tweaked by a fitter for reasonable price.

Oohmeoldbacksknackered

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Theres a big gap between a driver and 5wood.
When you are playing a medal round would it be worth having a backup driving club - possibly a 15 or 16 degree 3 or 4 wood?

Also, what's the difference between your 5 hybrid and 5 iron? I'd have thought they were pretty similar.Do they achieve different things for you?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Get a three wood which will give you more options off the tee and when the driver isn't working. Is there a difference between your 5H and 5 iron and maybe drop one or the other. Depending on the loft of the PW I'd get a gap wedge (52 or so degrees give or take) and a decent sand iron (around 56 or 58 degrees) with a decent bounce angle