2022 World Cup.

Swango1980

Visit site
Dont forget hes a pundit who like to use the phrase "earned" when talkin about diving for a penalty......................
He isn't really a pundit to be fair. He is a presenter, and he asks the pundits the questions.

It depends how people define cheating I guess, in a football context. He knowingly broke the rule, yes, so he cheated in that sense (although at some point in time, I bet the ever changing handball rules might consider that NOT a handball :) ). But, I'm sure he also did it knowing there was a high chance he would get found out. In another context, it was no different to intentionally fouling a player to stop a dangerous attack. Some call that cheating, fair enough. Others call it a professional foul. You do something for the benefit of your team, knowing that you will face the consequences under the laws of the game.

Not that I have any desire to defend Suarez. But, if an English player did exactly the same thing, the penalty was missed and England miraculously went on to win the World Cup, I'd imagine there would be many English people labelling that English player as a hero. I doubt the headlines would be about England cheating their way to success (in the English press), and the player facing abuse from English fans up and down the country the following season?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’ll be glad when the WC is over.
Absolute farce.
The stadium built from shipping containers is impressive tho.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The best players ‘normally’ have that sort of characteristic qualities ??

Seen an interview on Sky after a Leicester game recently and he came across really well.

Having them is fine, it’s taking them the other side of the whitewash that becomes a problem.

A former colleague used to play with Mark Hughes; said he wouldn’t say boo to a goose off the pitch but stepping onto the pitch something changed.