2022 World Cup.

4LEX

Visit site
I find it absolutely bonkers that we're less than 2 weeks out from a world Cup, there is still a round of premier league games to go, and the squad hasn't even been picked nevermind out in training camps or acclimatising.

It does seem bizzare but the majority of the players will be match fit and raring to go. Unlike a lot of major tournaments where theres 3-4 weeks of rest, silly friendlies and tournaments start really slowly.

Clubs sides manage to acclimatise to away games in Europe OK with flights. Every side will be based there with virtually zero travel as all the stadiums are close, unlike Brazil or South Africa. Brazil especially had a totally different climate in various host cities with long flights.

Day matches of 25 degrees are fine and late afternoon or evening games when it's 20 are perfect.

For me South Africa was the worst World Cup on record. Qatar will be miles better, despite the issues surrounding it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had the football team sweepstake draw, I pulled out Germany and Spain.
Happy with that ?
That's a decent result. Even if you don't win they should keep you interested a good chunk of the way.

I'm the only one interested in football at work, we have a sweepstake for Bake Off, not the World Cup :LOL:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's a decent result. Even if you don't win they should keep you interested a good chunk of the way.

I'm the only one interested in football at work, we have a sweepstake for Bake Off, not the World Cup :LOL:

Dear lord ?
I had the misfortune to watch a little bit of it last night, how did that fella get through with his abysmal show stopper creation ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah, but we didn't say who did go. We may have teased but no names were mentioned ;).

Anyway, at this stage of the competition who goes out is all over the media and social media immediately. Watch it live or lose out :p

oh well thats ok then lol

easy to avoid knowing by not looking where you would expect to see the news, world cup footie thread not one of them sigh

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
oh well thats ok then lol

easy to avoid knowing by not looking where you would expect to see the news, world cup footie thread not one of them sigh
Can you not see the link between Bake Off and The World Cup :rolleyes: :LOL:. It's a fair point. I think we skirted but just about got away with it. I'm going to the Newcastle v Palace cup game tonight, recording the Woodwork final. If I can get away with not seeing the result that would be nice but I fully expect to see it at some point tomorrow. I think you have to accept that at this stage of tv shows.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can you not see the link between Bake Off and The World Cup :rolleyes::LOL:. It's a fair point. I think we skirted but just about got away with it. I'm going to the Newcastle v Palace cup game tonight, recording the Woodwork final. If I can get away with not seeing the result that would be nice but I fully expect to see it at some point tomorrow. I think you have to accept that at this stage of tv shows.

If youre on this forum youll be seeing that result ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Pleased for Maddison that he’s made the England squad. Hopefully, he’ll get the opportunity to play at some point as he offers something different.

Maddison a quality player, I’m not expecting game time for him though unless you’re cruising in a game.
Southgate sets up too defensively in my opinion and this will limit his chances sadly.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If used properly. He has the ability, let's hope he gets to show it.
Think I said the same thing before the Euros.
Southgate won’t set the team up right to get the best out of him & Bellingham tho imo.
I’m not a Southgate fan,but his tactics aren’t bad for tournament football.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Having looked at a few squads that have been announced it seems that one or two teams are taking players that have not kicked a ball in a while. ?
Chuck in the fact that De Gea, Kepa, Thiago Silva and Sergio Ramos are not going ??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62667997

Top 10 controversial incidents at the world cup. Maradona and Suarez in there twice. Says it all. Lineker saying ” Suarez never cheated when he deliberately hand balled in the last minute v Ghana” ? apologies LT ??
Qatar could fill the top ten after this World Cup.

Last edited: