2022 World Cup.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
For the first time I can remember I am not feeling the love for this World Cup. Don’t know if it is because I feel we are under performing, wrong manager. The host country, T system / FIFA choosing Doha. But am just not feeling it. Maybe that will change once the tournament starts.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the first time I can remember I am not feeling the love for this World Cup. Don’t know if it is because I feel we are under performing, wrong manager. The host country, T system / FIFA choosing Doha. But am just not feeling it. Maybe that will change once the tournament starts.
I think it is partly because of when it is happening. All focus is on the league, normally the league and all cups are over and everything is clear for the tournament.

I'm sure we will all get into it when it starts but I'm not feeling it yet either.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know who constitutes a surprise really. Anyone who's not Maguire, Pickford, Shaw etc? If Wilson can actually stay fit there's potential for him to be in, although Toney should be as well. Maddison should really be in it by now as he's been a one man team at Leicester, but Southgate doesn't like him seemingly. Apparently they're allowed squads of 26 players now which is massive.

If it was down to me...

Pope, Ramsdale, Henderson (but Pickers will obviously be in it)
Trippier, Trent, Chilwell, Walker, Stones, Dier, Tomori, Guehi, Gomez/Tarkowski (but Maguire will obviously be in it. And I'm assuming James is injured)
Rice, Bellingham, Mount, Phillips, Ward-Prowse
Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Saka, Kane, Toney, Wilson

And two places leftover for whoever is playing best from Maddison / Bowen / Sancho.

Are we picking from other country's as well now. ? Lol

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve booked the afternoon off for the Iran game. We’re having a pre-Christmas lads day/night incorporating the USA game and going round our Welsh mates for the Wales game. So I’m at least looking forward to those games. The tournament as a whole hasn’t really captured me in the way that it normally would though. Suspect because of the timing rather than any other reason.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve booked the afternoon off for the Iran game. We’re having a pre-Christmas lads day/night incorporating the USA game and going round our Welsh mates for the Wales game. So I’m at least looking forward to those games. The tournament as a whole hasn’t really captured me in the way that it normally would though. Suspect because of the timing rather than any other reason.
Yeah, the World Cup is supposed to be about beer gardens in the summer. I have a feeling pubs will just be overpacked since everyone will be watching it inside instead. Almost certain to be another rise in Covid in that case as well. The only time I caught Covid was during the Euros in '21 actually.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah, the World Cup is supposed to be about beer gardens in the summer. I have a feeling pubs will just be overpacked since everyone will be watching it inside instead. Almost certain to be another rise in Covid in that case as well. The only time I caught Covid was during the Euros in '21 actually.
One of our locals has erected a huge marquee with a massive tv and are doing table service, perhaps to try and combat this.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a customer in Dubai who covers the UAE, Saudi etc. He was saying there are not enough hotels in Qatar and so many fans will be staying in neighbouring countries and they will be running shuttle flights like buses to get fans in for matches :oops:. Apparently it is 32°C at the moment but with no humidity. He expects it to be mid 20's by the time the tournament starts.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I find it absolutely bonkers that we're less than 2 weeks out from a world Cup, there is still a round of premier league games to go, and the squad hasn't even been picked nevermind out in training camps or acclimatising.