2022 World Cup.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Those Qatar fans in red behind the goal. They looked like staged fans to me. Similar age, sex, etc. The other Qatari fans looked to have left the stadium
You mean the ones where 90% of them had Burgundy t-shirts saying "QATAR" instead of replica football shirts? Very suspect, that.

Swango1980

Visit site
I know the game was pretty much a non contest, but I think what made it dull was the atmosphere. I could hear a crowd, although it seemed hollow, passionless. As if the microphones had been turned up beside a group of 50 people asked to make a bit of noise.

I suppose Qatar probably doesn't contain a load of passionate football fans, and maybe Ecuador didn't bring a huge following with them. Hopefully the atmospheres will become much better when some of the big footballing nations play, who might have brought a lot of support with them. Won't hold my breath though.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
There was an interview with a Welsh guy who lives in Qatar on BBC breakfast (IIRC), said how he had gone to the team hotel to welcome them, but it was fenced off and he couldn’t get very close but within the fenced off area was a “rent a crowd” applauding them in.