2022 World Cup.

D

Deleted member 15344

Surprised the ref didn’t book the player for diving

D

Deleted member 1740

Did anyone see that VAR graphic, and then Dublin basically saying fair enough? The graphic was frozen when player headed ball, not when ball passed to him. What on earth?

I’ve just been saying the same thing to my lad. Comical.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That graphic was given, to show his knee was offside, as he headed the ball.

The player that challenged the keeper wasn't the one that was offside. When that player headed the ball on the 2nd players knee was offside. The ball then went up in the air and after it bounced the 2nd player headed it which made him active and offside. That is assuming that it came of the Ecuador player in the challenge rather than the keeper. If the player challenging the keeper didn't head the ball then it's not offside.

Swango1980

Visit site
The player that challenged the keeper wasn't the one that was offside. When that player headed the ball on the 2nd players knee was offside. The ball then went up in the air and after it bounced the 2nd player headed it which made him active and offside. That is assuming that it came of the Ecuador player in the challenge rather than the keeper. If the player challenging the keeper didn't head the ball then it's not offside.
Yeah. To be fair, when it was shown during play, it was from stadium cam, then they zoomed in on graphic, removing all other players. So, it appeared it was the guy who headed it. Saw it at half time.

Still tho, can imagine that would have been a frustrating one for someone if it happened in final against competitive teams

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Dunno then! Looks like we'll have to wait for Lineker to tell us at HT!

There seems to be a lack of cameras . I’d have thought that several views of this from a number of angles would have been available to TV. Where’s the slow motion analysis etc? Or are they not really examining this fully?
Is the offside reckoned to be from the header by Ecuador player when he and the goalie go up for the ball? Did it come off the goalie or Ecuador player?
Just who is meant to be offside, the Ecuador player who went up with the goalie?
If it is, then it’s barmy. It’s not when he receives it, it’s when the ball is played to where he receives it. I mean, that seems a basic ignorance of the offside rule .
Poor analysis of the incident, IMO.

edit.. now seen Colchies graphic. That explains it. So much for Linekers team and their non explanation.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did anyone see that VAR graphic, and then Dublin basically saying fair enough? The graphic was frozen when player headed ball, not when ball passed to him. What on earth?
As far as I could understand it, they weren't saying anyone was offside from the cross/long ball. That ball went to an area where there was two players and the goalie. One player headed it while the other player was in an offside position, then jogged back to play the ball when it dropped. It did seem rather convoluted though. Pre-VAR days, no linesman on earth would have given it, and no TV analysis would have picked it up either.