2021 Professional Golf Thread

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Don't think we've heard the end of this.

How could his ball have embedded on the 2nd bounce? Well it couldn't, yet there was allegedly a hole in the ground that his ball had made.... ?
Moved the ball then called the ref over and pointed at a plug mark, surely if your not 100% sure its plugged, then its not plugged...?

birdyhunter

Visit site
When he played the chip after the drop his feet were about 2 feet apart..... when he set up before the drop his feet were about 4 feet apart and he claimed sprinkler relief.. The ball was in a buried lie initially but the drop left it sitting up like a coconut.

That shouldn't happen. I blame the referee for a bad decision, but they are both American with a bunch of non-US chasing him

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
When he played the chip after the drop his feet were about 2 feet apart..... when he set up before the drop his feet were about 4 feet apart and he claimed sprinkler relief.. The ball was in a buried lie initially but the drop left it sitting up like a coconut.

That shouldn't happen. I blame the referee for a bad decision, but they are both American with a bunch of non-US chasing him
Don’t think your last statement comes into play the refs are scrutinised as well.
Apparently the ref has just spoken ,anyone hear what he said?

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s a whole strange series of events that if it was any other player would be a non issue but because of the rumours of Reed it becomes an issue

If it believes it embedded and it was then it’s a fair drop regardless of if it bounced or not but the whole process of picking the ball up and then asking will give people doubts

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
That’s a whole strange series of events that if it was any other player would be a non issue but because of the rumours of Reed it becomes an issue

If it believes it embedded and it was then it’s a fair drop regardless of if it bounced or not but the whole process of picking the ball up and then asking will give people doubts

If it's embedded Phil, either call it, take the drop & move on, or leave it there until the referee got there and have it confirmed. Don't destroy the evidence then ask the referee to back you up. There's only one reason why you do that...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
So about that Patrick Reed caddie thing ?
This is the first time I've noticed it, he definitely lays the flag down on the green and always while Reed is straight across from him. The clip I saw it clearly showed the slope of the green much better ?