2021 Professional Golf Thread

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
So good to hear Rory in his interview refer to him as 'Arnie' rather than the obsequious "Mr Palmer". I'm sure that's what he would have preferred.

Mr (insert surname) is horrific isn't it, Palmer's charm was based on the polar opposite of this so would have hated it. At what age do you qualify for 'Mr' status? When do we start calling Scunthorpe's finest Mr Jacklin?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's thing like this that I'm a little uncomfortable with..
If it happened to Rod Perry would a camera be there to help?
Possibly
But is it something they should be allowed to help with?
Possibly

It is another example of the Pros playing a different game to us.

Imurg

Visit site
Billy Ho missing a putt, launching his putter in the air and missing it coming down, leaving a dirty great dent in the green.....Knob!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Billy Ho missing a putt, launching his putter in the air and missing it coming down, leaving a dirty great dent in the green.....Knob!
He kept doing that yesterday, but catching it. Surprised that no-one had a word.
Luckily he'd be unlikely to cry like a baby if he missed a putt because of damage caused by someone else in this way...

Imurg

Visit site
Caddy nearly got a rap on the knuckles as he slammed the putter back in the bag..again....
Only thing he'll be slamming later is his boot lid......

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I wonder what his Par is on this course..?
After much googling it turns out that Bay Hill is a par 67 for BAD.

“I’m looking at it as a par 67 for me because I can reach all the par fives in two, no problem. If the conditions stay the way they are, that’s what I feel like par is for me.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be fair, Bryson is experimenting with what works, and on the way has won the US Open ?‍♂️

He can't give up after just a few weeks, he might re-evaluate after winning and missing out on another few million dollars $$$$

lol that wont appease the haters, hes doing it wrong and the sooner he falls flat on his fat face the better ;)

the bitterness from the likes of Andrew 270 yards Coltart isnt abating at all

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know...... ?

If Bryson was missing every cut, not representing the most powerful golf country in the world and not winning any Majors, I'd understand their scepticism.

Sure it's not pretty... But he's trying something new.... If he decides it's not working he can still dial it back and be incredibly good.

Rory hits one 350 yards, its the best drive ever, Bryson hits one 350 yards its wrong, hes making a mockery of the game and destroying it :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Why would you take a very famous quote and apply it to a totally different course and tournament?
I wouldn't. The full quote is.

“I’m looking at it as a par 67 for me because I can reach all the par fives in two, no problem. If the conditions stay the way they are, that’s what I feel like par is for me.

There is definitely a possibility I don’t play well, and I could shoot whatever everyday and shoot a lot over par relative to my par and still play decent.”

Edit. My googling skills are good enough to find someone else who has taken a quote and attributed incorrectly it to this tournament.