2021 NFL Season

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I barely count as a part timer, but like most sports I think it rewards the amount of time you invest in following it.

Just caught up on youtube. Seemed to me to be a couple of pretty egregious reffing moments. The missed facemask and the not holding very much holding call. I guess they kind of cancelled themselves out. Do these cause much post-game angst in the US ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I lasted until the end of the first quarter, then it was :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Caught the snap highlights. I briefly saw a face-mask style "penalty" by the WR for the Bengals but not called? Maybe that is what Sharkie was on about above.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The future is bright with Burrow and that receiving corps but they need an offensive line. They are not in the top three teams in the AFC - things just went right for them in the final two months - if Lamar Jackson of the Ravens does not get hurt, the Bengals don't even make the playoffs. But they have the key pieces in place at this stage.

We did several features on Sky about why people support their teams and that WKRP reference came up a couple of times. For me, the first game I ever saw on C4 in 1982 featured the Bucs beating Miami and I thought "that team in orange must be pretty good, I'll support them".... 14 straight losing seasons later. Nick Halling became a Steeler fan for the same reason the previous week. And he's spent 40 years freezing his ass off in Pittsburgh whilst I get a sun tan.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I barely count as a part timer, but like most sports I think it rewards the amount of time you invest in following it.

Just caught up on youtube. Seemed to me to be a couple of pretty egregious reffing moments. The missed facemask and the not holding very much holding call. I guess they kind of cancelled themselves out. Do these cause much post-game angst in the US ?

Social media will lose its mind over it just like football here. The facemask/push-off that led to Higgins' touchdown was a bad missed call but it happens in all sports. There are moron Buc fans out there who are still posting comments about the NFL paying the refs to fix the game for the Rams to beat the Bucs a month ago.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Social media will lose its mind over it just like football here. The facemask/push-off that led to Higgins' touchdown was a bad missed call but it happens in all sports. There are moron Buc fans out there who are still posting comments about the NFL paying the refs to fix the game for the Rams to beat the Bucs a month ago.
I'm sure the Saints fans are still moaning about the missed PI call 4 years ago in the NFC Champs game

putterman60

Visit site
i`m new to the forum so i`m looking at bits and bobs ......... decided to post here rather than `Soccer` first

ok my team........... `Fly Eagles Fly`
They got that monkey off their back a few years ago to win a SB

If you like gridiron and have an openmind watch this

anyway thats just for info

i also like College Football but no fav team

Attachments

• cnIY2Sq.png
    cnIY2Sq.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 0

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Bucs will be playing a home regular season game in Munich this coming season. Their opponents have not yet been announced although Putin is rumoured to be interested.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Denver also gave up the rights to the coaches' first-born children, all of their Netflix account passwords, some chocolate cake and all the cash in their pockets. That trade is the sort of thing you only see in fantasy leagues.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Seahawks have done a great bit of business to start a rebuild.

Denver just love trading for a QB, seems a strange move to me though. They'll need a handful of talented FA's to make the latter stages of the playoffs - even with Wilson!

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Denver also gave up the rights to the coaches' first-born children, all of their Netflix account passwords, some chocolate cake and all the cash in their pockets. That trade is the sort of thing you only see in fantasy leagues.
I thought that Seattle probably could have got more draft picks if they pushed? Also, is Carroll up for a rebuild at 70?

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rumours of Rodgers getting a 200m deal, 153 guaranteed. ?

Wilson to the Broncos.
I wonder what Green Bay will now do with Jordan Love - no use him sitting round for another 3/4 years, especially as he will be up for his 2nd contract at that point with hardly any action.
Wonder if Seattle might have a look as they can't be that in love (no pun intended) with Drew Lock?