2021 Masters - who’s going to win?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite the opposite, some guys revel in their newfound change of perspective. Danny Willetts win came about a month after his first born I think, it’s the reason I had money on him at very significant odds ?. Betting pundits call it the “nappy factor”. Big Jon is dangerous imo.
A month is quite different to a week though. His missus is still going to be knackered after a week and off he goes. I get your point but I think it has come a bit soon.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A month is quite different to a week though. His missus is still going to be knackered after a week and off he goes. I get your point but I think it has come a bit soon.

They can afford the help. ? If I was married to Paige Spiranac and she wanted to play a Major tournament a week after I had her babies I’d say ok dear go get em.

But that is unlikely for many reasons and the greatest of those is not my lack of female reproductive organs.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
The annual tradition of looking at Rory's finishes here begins – 8-4-10-7-5-21-5-?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Spieth - despite the meltdown, this is a course where he has an ability to play sensible golf and score well; and he's on form. Yes he won last week, but he pitched up at Augusta by midday the following day and gave a very composed interview - he's focused (no bleary eyes or evident over celebration!) and he's worked his way back to form on the greens. I'm not really a big fan of his generally, some of his decision making last week seemed to take an eternity but he's avoiding being called on it at the minute because of his fall from grace and people love an underdog; however, I hope him and Greller don't take the same time over shots this week without it being highlighted.

In normal circumstances, I normally tip Rory but I just can't find any justification for it this year. I still love him, but he's full of confused rhetoric which may be honest (at least in his head) but it just demonstrates how far away he is from sorting himself out. 'Only majors count..... but look to the future.....look back to move forward.....too technical.... not technical enough, getting stuck, too high, too outside'. 12th in the world, equally worth a top 10 bet AND missed cut bet. I fully expect to see a dejected Rory missing greens and failing to scramble. I'd love to be wrong though.

Hatton - plenty of Englishmen there (10!) which I'm sure Sky will remind us of (seems to be a crime to mention Lee Westwood without constantly prefacing it with 'England's') and while I would like England's Lee Westwood to win, I think Hatton is best equipped to contend and get over the line.

BDC - to be honest, I'm just going to enjoy the show.

Rahm / Koepka / DJ - wouldn't be a surprise but for various reasons I just don't see it (baby, surgery, form)

Xander & Morikawa - again, wouldn't be a surprise, top 10 finishes

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
I'm going for Justin Thomas or Viktor Hovland for the win.

Stuck a few quid on Matt Fitzpatrick too as I like the way he quietly goes about his business. Doesn't always carry it through to the last day though but we'll see.

FELL75

Visit site
Put a few bets a couple tournaments ago before odds went silly. When spieth hit a 61 in California and thought his past record at Augusta so went with that, Cameron Smith (4 sub 70 rounds) in November.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Firstly you have to make the cut, one man is quite consistent Westwood. Ave a sneaky feeling he may be in the mix. but blow it on the last 9. Hope am wrong with the last nine though.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Quite the opposite, some guys revel in their newfound change of perspective. Danny Willetts win came about a month after his first born I think, it’s the reason I had money on him at very significant odds ?. Betting pundits call it the “nappy factor”. Big Jon is dangerous imo.
Willet was a special case. He was playing for the places with no pressure of winning it until Spieth threw it away, several times. Rahm might be a favourite from the beginning with all the pressure that comes with it.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm thinking it's going to be DJ or JT. With Morikawa and Reed up there too.

My betting slip features...

Fitzpatrick
Fleetwood
Westwood
Perez
Reed
Morikawa
Koepka
JT
DJ
McIlroy

I think all of those could be in top 10 but some of the prices aren't looking good each way.