2020 Professional Golf Thread

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Bryson won't like that transparent attempt at getting unwarranted relief being filmed and hurting his brand

They don't do themselves any good when they try to get relief in situations where they should accept they have a bad luck lie. I imagine that had there been no sticks next to ball, he would have got on and played the shot as normal.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Congrats to Miguel Angel Jimenez on breaking Sam Torrances ET appearance record with his 707th appearance and a great score to start with

Yeah who'd have thought 706 would get passed

It was good to see heavy coverage of him yesterday and the tribute vids being interposed on screen from other players/sports stars (not sure if sky had that, probably I s'pose) All the better that he had a cracking day too

I still can't understand a word he says with his accent but great to see him having fun

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah who'd have thought 706 would get passed

It was good to see heavy coverage of him yesterday and the tribute vids being interposed on screen from other players/sports stars (not sure if sky had that, probably I s'pose) All the better that he had a cracking day too

I still can't understand a word he says with his accent but great to see him having fun

He can speak passable English but I do think he plays it up for the cameras at times. I love watching him do his little dance moves when he plays a great shots and put the club in like a sword. A real showman

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wgc's second finest, Tom Lewis, went round in 61 at the wgc(!) today. Maybe they mentioned it on sky, but not on septic coverage (So far), even though faldo is in the booth. Hopefully he progresses again tomorrow.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s just this moment been mentioned on Sky
Lol. Just now on cbs. Didn't show a single shot though!
They did say that brad faxon had given him a putting lesson. Always been a slightly flaky part of his game, so hopefully lasts for at least tomorrow.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Lol. Just now on cbs. Didn't show a single shot though!
They did say that brad faxon had given him a putting lesson. Always been a slightly flaky part of his game, so hopefully lasts for at least tomorrow.

They did explain that they had less cameras on course than in normal times.
So we are seeing those in contention.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
He embarrassed himself there. I'm pleased the rules official didn't back down.

I'm liking Andrew Coltart more on Sky, he doesn't hide his disdain well ?

Yes, but I'd like to see them being more assertive. It seemed he was almost apologetic in refusing relief.
Could have been a
" No, that isn't the case here. The lie is unfortunate but it's a proper lie.
No relief, play on."
Then step back to watch him play the shot.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Changing tack briefly, the Jamega Tour was at the Oxford Golf club last week, reduced to one day due to weather. Think @ademac is a member there.

Andrew "Beef" Johnston rocked up to play, although not that well (+4).

You Tuber James Wilshire who's giving Jamega a go shared his whole round which was a bit of a horror show (+11), to be fair some of the green speeds looked tough.
-4 won.

BubbaP

Visit site
Back to the WGC...
Where's the forum money then?

Personally hoping the English duo play well, not sure how serious challengers they are (right now)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Changing tack briefly, the Jamega Tour was at the Oxford Golf club last week, reduced to one day due to weather. Think @ademac is a member there.

Andrew "Beef" Johnston rocked up to play, although not that well (+4).

You Tuber James Wilshire who's giving Jamega a go shared his whole round which was a bit of a horror show (+11), to be fair some of the green speeds looked tough.
-4 won.
They normally play twice a year at my club, although not sure if they are doing so at all this year. Some are definitely wannabees bankrolled by mum and dad and look out of their depth and unable to score well, especially over the two rounds the event normally is. There are a few that are very, very good and clearly this is a stepping stone onwards and upwards. One thing though is they are all exceptionally good ball strikers and there short games are sublime

BubbaP

Visit site
They normally play twice a year at my club, although not sure if they are doing so at all this year. Some are definitely wannabees bankrolled by mum and dad and look out of their depth and unable to score well, especially over the two rounds the event normally is. There are a few that are very, very good and clearly this is a stepping stone onwards and upwards. One thing though is they are all exceptionally good ball strikers and there short games are sublime
24th & 25th of August I believe Homie