2020 Professional Golf Thread

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Fitzpatrick 16 in the world now and Westwood 36, if Westwood could make the RC team would be an incredible effort

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fitzpatrick 16 in the world now and Westwood 36, if Westwood could make the RC team would be an incredible effort
He didn't seem overly desperate to make the team from the bit of interview I read. Content with what he has already done, looking at the next stage of his Ryder Cup career. The next tournament is at a bomber's course. That might not suit him now. Does he want to be the player that goes one time too many?

Phenomenal effort incidentally and I'm not questioning his place. I'm just going off his response.

Great to see a player win this who hasn't just parachuted in for this tournament. Westwood has played a number of ET tournaments this year.

D

Deleted member 15344

Brilliant from Fitzpatrick - still think he is very much underrated as a player .

But even better to see Westwood win the R2D - been a favourite player and good to see him can still compete at the highest level . Also shows that a player can compete without a caddy

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
He didn't seem overly desperate to make the team from the bit of interview I read. Content with what he has already done, looking at the next stage of his Ryder Cup career. The next tournament is at a bomber's course. That might not suit him now. Does he want to be the player that goes one time too many?

Phenomenal effort incidentally and I'm not questioning his place. I'm just going off his response.

Great to see a player win this who hasn't just parachuted in for this tournament. Westwood has played a number of ET tournaments this year.

The interview I saw on Sky, when asked about playing in the next Ryder Cup it looked like he just wanted to say no.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I bet Lee Westwood has had more short range birdie putts than anyone this week.
Tee to green I suspect up there with the best this week

The story of his career, to be fair. The year Mickelson pipped him for The Masters by a couple of shots, Westwood had something like twenty more putts over the course of four rounds.

I’m absolutely delighted for him. Been a top pro for so long, and a genuinely nice fella. Phenomenal effort for a player of his age.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
The interview I saw on Sky, when asked about playing in the next Ryder Cup it looked like he just wanted to say no.

I agree that it seems he does not want to play in the team, but I think he would like to be assisting in the background.
Question of pressure, I think.
There is a big difference in playing for yourself from playing for a team.
Big pressure on the latter.
My congratulations to him on this latest achievement. Would be wonderful if he could manage a Major.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I agree that it seems he does not want to play in the team, but I think he would like to be assisting in the background.
Question of pressure, I think.
There is a big difference in playing for yourself from playing for a team.
Big pressure on the latter.
My congratulations to him on this latest achievement. Would be wonderful if he could manage a Major.

He wasn't gushing was he, keeps saying how much he enjoyed being on the sidelines in France. Think it would be great to use him like we did wit Stenson and just roll him out once a day before the singles.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Scores going backwards in Women's US open today. Clearly freezing cold conditions and playing very long but the pin placements don't look too bad so I'm surprised drop shots are quite so common. Nerves or am i miss judging the difficulty of the course?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Scores going backwards in Women's US open today. Clearly freezing cold conditions and playing very long but the pin placements don't look too bad so I'm surprised drop shots are quite so common. Nerves or am i miss judging the difficulty of the course?

They're all dropping shots bar a the odd one, there must be good reason. Hoping Hinako chan can hang on for the win.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
birdie birdie birdie finish looks like it may well be enough for the win for A Lim Kim

guess we all shouldve known the girl wearing the mask would win the way 2020 has been ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They look like they almost have as many layers as we need for an 8.00am tee time in 2 degrees and a wind chill

Tough scoring on the closing holes but bubbling up. Think AL Kim has done enough. Can't see the others making two birdies

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, overall a pretty low key and unexciting tournament for the TV viewer.

We need to remember these aren't choreographed exhibitions, they are just coverage of

Tough weather conditions, a tough course, a few players wearing masks, a quickfire birdie-fest at the end to virtually finish the tournament an hour before it ended, it didn't really catch fire like I hoped.

The Tour Champs starts in 3 days... Onwards and upwards.

Every sport atm is low key and lacking excitement.
Apparently the world championship darts has now been effected,now that will be crap without fans.
Football is just pants without an atmosphere.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Congrats to A Lim Kim - she certainly went out and won it on a tough day with most players struggling.

Anthony Kim translating for her at the prizegiving! :unsure:

I don't think that was the real Anthony Kim! He has disappeared completely. The NLU boys are desperate to get him on.