colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You're all wrong, the Russians won because of their ingenious space saving stadium plan. They build a big stadium, then a smaller one inside it, then a smaller one inside that etc etc

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're all wrong, the Russians won because of their ingenious space saving stadium plan. They build a big stadium, then a smaller one inside it, then a smaller one inside that etc etc

Brilliant :D :D

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was chuffing raging at the decision to give the 2022 world cup to Qatar until I got a call from a guy from Doha asking for £3m of spades and landscaping equipment for a wee project he is working on.

Ker-ching.

B

birdieman

Call me obtuse but I'm not getting this joke at all, can someone explain it? :(

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
For the Qatar fiasco, how can a muslim country, where the law is effectively taken from the Koran, relax the law? What sort of hypocracy is that?
I can't see how footy fans are going to go to a place where it is stupid hot, you can't drink, you can't have sex with someone you aren't married to, and you can't be gay (which means no sex at all if you are that way inclined).

And yes, the pitches will be perfect, because they will be plastic.

Yep, a world cup, indoors, on astro.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today I can exclusively reveal that due to the underhand tactics FIFA have used against our dear neighbours Scotland will protest by failing to qualify for the next 2 world cups and we call on England to stand shoulder to shoulder with us.

;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
People are going to die of heatstroke out there. OK the stadia may be air-conned but the training grounds?

I don't have an issue as such with Russia getting it. After all, its FIFA's bat, ball and wicket and they can do what they want.
But if they want to take the WC around the globe to new places, at least make it a policy decision. THat way anyone who's held a WC before knows they havn't got a chance and they can save all the time money and BS.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would have put my life savings on the first post I read about England failing in their bid would be from Dodger taking the pi$$. Well done you didn't let me down.

As for the bid I never thought we had a prayer despite in FIFA's words "being the only bid able to host a world cup tomorrow". We just have to face facts, they don't like us because of the power and success of the Premier League and we might as well not bother bidding ever again. Oh and when some obscure country finally fails to deliver their bid and FIFA want a last minute replacement (see above quote) we should tell them to ram it up their tea towel holder.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
As for the bid I never thought we had a prayer despite in FIFA's words "being the only bid able to host a world cup tomorrow". We just have to face facts, they don't like us because of the power and success of the Premier League and we might as well not bother bidding ever again. Oh and when some obscure country finally fails to deliver their bid and FIFA want a last minute replacement (see above quote) we should tell them to ram it up their tea towel holder.

wot he said,
no chance, no hope, don't waste the money bidding for anything and stop paying for the Eurovision

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'm surprised we don't just start our own and make it every 2 years.... all the income comes to this country every time - simples!

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm surprised we don't just start our own and make it every 2 years.... all the income comes to this country every time - simples!

Why even put that much effort in?
Just rename the premier league, of the FA Cup to the World Cup.

A similar alternative seems to be ok for the NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB, so I don't see the problem!

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
For the Qatar fiasco, how can a muslim country, where the law is effectively taken from the Koran, relax the law? What sort of hypocracy is that?
I can't see how footy fans are going to go to a place where it is stupid hot, you can't drink,

What will the sponsors do for this one then, are Budweiser going to make alcohol free Bud or will Caliber be the sponsor ?