2013 weigh in

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had a look and can't see this thread anywhere so thought I'd kick us off in 2013. Who is planning on loosing some weight, getting fit and how do you plan to do it.

My weight as of 10am this morning was exactly 13 stone, 7lbs better than this time last year. I'd like to get down to and stay at 12.5 stone. I'm committed to playing more golf than last year which won't be hard plus I'm also going to get into cycling with my dad as he is around 4 stone overweight. I'll make fitness less monotonous as training alone can get lonely.

I'm also planning to cut down on the drinking beer in the house, cut out bread and stop having sooooo much caffeine. I'm also going to make more meals from scratch rather than going straight to the ready made, bung in the oven type

I'm sure that I'm not the only one with plans of loosing weight to let's hear them. I'll be putting a weekly update just after a Sunday morning weight in

gripitripit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did not stick to it last year I am afraid. I am nearly 17st at moment. I am going to Turkey on 8th June and ideally would like ot be 15st. HID does the slimming world thingamy bob and reckons as long as I cut out the **** I eat at work I will easily get to 15st by then. So back to work tomorrow ans instead of 5 weetabix in the morning I shall be having 2 and replacing chocolate with fruit and cutting down on the beers at home during the week.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not to concerned about weight loss more about upping fitness levels and lowering body fat mass back to below 10%.

So upping my taekwondo training, more gym sessions and cycling before work each day

markyjee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'll join in on this thread this year, looking to shift at least 2 stones, will do a weigh in on sat morning when I go to gym.
Last year at this time I weighed just over 20 stone, joined gym and changed eating habits, set some weight loss goals, hit the first 2 out of 3, 2st by march golf trip, another 1st for family holiday in may, hoped to lose another stone by year end but struggled for time over summer choosing golf over gym, also some of my bad eating habits returned ( too many crisps ) led to me up 4lbs at end of year, Xmas may have doubled that.
Plan on getting stuck into this pre spring see where I get to.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Going to the range soon and will call into Boots for a weigh in.

My house scales have limits lol I expect to be near the 25 stone mark.

This year I am going to start eating more meals throughout the day and start taking a bit of a packed lunch to work with me. My problem is not eating breakfast then having a massive dinner because im starving, or getting breakfast then missing dinner and stopping at the chippy too often or just snacking through the night on chocolate and crisps.

So if I can start to eat more regularly throughout the day and stop snacking it should help lose weight. Then going to start using the exercise bike here when I get up. Even if I can only manage a short time at the beginning.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm in again, shall post up my 2013 starting weight tomorrow... its been a very indulgent christmas this year. I've gained a few pounds thats for sure. Should be around 17st 3lbs.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm in, trying more to lose around 1-2 stone but more importantly tone up and get my clothes hanging on me as opposed to 'stuck' on me:eek:

whats the script, a weigh in weight then monthly postings?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Count me in. I could be the twin of phil2511. Just going to count lb by lb and that way I cant get to frightened by the thought of having to lose a very considerable amount.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Count me in. I could be the twin of phil2511. Just going to count lb by lb and that way I cant get to frightened by the thought of having to lose a very considerable amount.

For the start I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow(Boots closed today for some strange reason lol) Then probably won't weigh in until 1st February.
Being my weight its easy to lose big weight early on. It's sticking at it that will be the hard part. I need to get myself into a good eating regime. Plus if I can stay out of the petrol stations when out working (night shift courier) and away from the confectionary in the pro shop then that will be a massive help.

Being so big and also very inactive a good method is to take body measurements and go by that. Especially if you start to add exercise into the mix you can lose inches but not lbs. So can keep you motivated when you don't see any change on the scales.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just got weighed and I'm 16st 12lb but I'm 6ft 3" but I am wanting to lose 2 stone I'm having a £ for lb comp with my dad to stop it getting boring

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Also want to trim the spare tyre this year and hopefully help my general fitness along the way.

I was 11 stone 10 last week. My fighting weight would be 10'7 to 11 stone I'd reckon.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
My starting weight for the year is 17st 4lbs... Was a very indulgent christmas.
Onwards and downwards hopefully, if I can repeat last year I should get down to 13/14st.

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
14 st 2 lbs here, after quite a good year started 2012 at 15st 10lbs. Back on the diet from today aiming to get down to 13st if I can.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
have to do something about my weight this year, pushing 18stone now , havent trained in over 2 year , worst thing is my energy levels are zilch ,

No mad diet or health regime to start with , gona be slow small steps , dont drink or dont smoke so all down to laziness & bad diet so if i watch the intake & do a bit more hopefuly hopefuly it will improve ,

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive been packing on the pounds since a 14 day stay awag training course where I had all expenses paid meals and fizzy drinks.. 3 meals a day and deserts twice for 14 days is not good. Stopped running when my running partner left the company and am really not happy with myself.

Current weight is 91.6kgs or 14 stone 6lbs. Lowest I have been was last year when I managed 13 stone 3 lbs. Would lioe to be at 13 stone 5 lbs and lower.

Trying to cut out alcohol and take aways, might help as we are saving for a house.

Brought my running shoes in for a lunchtime run at work and will try and do 3 x 5k during the week and maybe something longer on a weekend.

Going to record and monitor my weight in excel and see how I get on.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll join in. Started this year at 16st3lbs. Looking to get back down to my preferred weight of 14st. Just jumped on the wagon for January so that should help. I should probably cancel my "just eat" account as well!!!