2013 weigh in

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Mine is a speaking one and said , one at a time please :(

I was in Naples about 5 years ago and went to a local bank branch. They had these security things.
To describe it, it was like a revolving door but space for 1 person. You walked in and it closed behind you and then would open in front of you. When I got in it said 1 at a time please. Think it was only rated to 135kg, my mate was almost in tears laughing lol

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mine is a speaking one and said , one at a time please :(

Mine said 'No coach parties!'.........

I am starting at 16 2 1/2 (which I note is exactly the same as I started last year!) I recall losing some weight - maybe about a stone, and obviously putting it back on in the latter half of the year.

So, for my sake, lets keep this one going through out the year please!:thup:

WideEyedFox

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hopefully this will keep me on track. As of this morning I was 14st 4lbs, which is about 3st over what I want to be.

I lost 5st in 2010/2011 but never really changed my lifestyle enough to keep it off, so 3 stone has crept back on. Damaged knee's, collar bones and back prevent serious cardio exercise, so walking and golf it is.
I could really do with a regular stretching routine / light yoga.

Plan for the new year is to naturally cut out the poor food choices (as they're all gone now!), reduce the carbs and starch right down and get my body in to ketosis. Then get a decent diet in place to maintain the weight I want, or at least fluctuate close to it.

Will report back in a week! :thup:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mam was in hospital before Xmas and whole on my daily visit I used one of their weighing chairs which put me a 15 stone 7lbs, I'm 5' 11" tall but do a lot of weight training so while I'm carrying some fat, I would like to exchange the fat I am carrying for the same weight in lean muscle, which I know I can do as long as I eat the right stuff.

The one thing I'll add to this thread, is that regardless of your goal, to lose fat (weight, we've had this conversation in another thread), get fitter, whatever, do not use the scales, use more visual goals, like getting into a pair of jeans you not been able to, being able to fasten and shirt or blouse comfortably without it being stretched tight, being able to run up the stairs, for a bus, for 100yds etc... without getting out of breath.

If you are going to diet to lose the flab, remember cheating is healthy and stops your diet becoming boring, eat healthy all week and allow yourself a treat at the weekend, be it a pizza, some alcohol or sweets, the little change in diet will keep you bodies metabolism on it's toes and help you lose flab.

If you really want to be extreme, chilli's are a good way of kicking you metabolism into high gear if you can stand the heat, also cold showers or sitting in an ice bath will also kick start your metabolism, the cold baths/showers also have the added benefit of boosting you immune system thus preventing colds and flu and yes I do eat a lot of chilli's and do have a daily cold shower.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in. Lost a stone and a half last year but started to go back to my old ways after the summer and have just eaten like a starved pig all xmas. Going to get weighed tonight and hope I'll be around the 13 4/5 mark but it could be worse. Want to get down to 12 or at least 12 6 before our summer holiday.

I know people don't like it but I do the slim fast shakes and snacks which really work for me. Easy to use and worked well at work and just had a healthy tea when I got home.

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i will have another go at this, even though starting off this year 2st plus lighter than last year so it wasnt all a waste of time

starting 17st 3lb

target 16.4lb in 6 weeks time

stable weight around 15.10lb by april, easy stay off haribo, beer and bread

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Not trying to lose any weight just move it around, bet rid of the omelette pan (my stomach is not a wok yet). And strengthen my back and legs a little.

I've been the same weight no matter what I try to do, but last year noticed a little roundness showing. I think I need to do more core work and less chocolate and bitter.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
so when is the official thread starting with the guidelines and process? hurry up as I've had 3 pieces of strawberry sponge, a cheesecake and 9 biscuits so far today over and above all the other stuff (2 glasses of sugary red wine now)

need an incentive...................

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
130.8 kilos, I put 7 pounds on over Christmas, so looking to loose 30.8 kilos over the next year.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fit lad as it is then.

Fair play to you.
Had it drummed into me as a kid to get outside and play with a ball or go off on my bike and its kind of stuck, then once my dad got me into martial arts to have never looked back.

Really do wish the best of luck to everyone with their goals as I'm a firm believer healthy body equals healthy mind and happiness. Now where's my hippy wig

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in. Lost a stone and a half last year but started to go back to my old ways after the summer and have just eaten like a starved pig all xmas. Going to get weighed tonight and hope I'll be around the 13 4/5 mark but it could be worse. Want to get down to 12 or at least 12 6 before our summer holiday.

I know people don't like it but I do the slim fast shakes and snacks which really work for me. Easy to use and worked well at work and just had a healthy tea when I got home.

Officially weighed last night and it was worst than I thought 13st 8.

gripitripit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well.......HID and I found ourselves child free so decided to go out for a meal. Chinese and 2 bottles of wine later we were a little guilty as we were strict all day with eating......However....I jumped on the scales this morning and no change from yesterday morning so not too bad...!!

Holey

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had assumed that my first post would be about golf, but I saw this thread and couldn't resist. I've started playing golf in earnest recently, to get more fresh air and do a bit of exercise but have very much been bitten by the bug, and now can't stay away from it! I've lost 2 stone since November, and hopefully it will keep falling off with every hack around 18 holes.

Looking forward to the spring when I can squeeze more golf into my evenings after work and keep losing weight.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, I'll sign up for this too.

As of this morning, after the festive excess, I am 11 stone 13. Which is almost 1.5 stones lighter than this time last year but still too high and I'm now back to the office job so at risk of putting it back on. If I could get down to or even just under 11 stones that would be amazing... and really turn back the clock!

I'm trying to make a real lifestyle change rather than adopt a faddy diet so I'm building more exercise in (gym and running at the moment) and cutting out the worst excesses of my eating habits. I used to be very fit and enjoy sport so it's been fine so far.... provided I can balance it with my return to full time employment and steer clear of injury!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Slightly less than last Christmas at 12st 3lb height 5'10. so body mass mainly in my gut.
Would like to get below 12st and keep it there...not too ambitious but I become a pensioner in Feb.

For the deluded......you don't lose weight by playing golf. [unless you take less than 2.5 hours for 18 holes.