2012 mega forum meet

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Woodhall Spa?

This would get my vote as well..Mostly for selfish "easy access for me" reasons, but with the old farts vs. young studs already arranged to take place there, I doubt it will feature. :(

It would make sense though as there's plenty of accommodation in the village to suit all budgets and I know a place with a restaurant/function room that can seat 100 people ;) and the golf course speaks for itself.

Shame, as I could play there every day and not tire of it. Just a shame my bank or current location won't let me :mad:

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
wot he said, although i am prepared to travel outside Ayrshire, but why should we when Turnberry has two cracking courses. perfect for a two round comp. would i need a passport to leave Ayrshire? and do they keep buckfast in the fridge at Turnberry :D :D

doc17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'll make just 2 points:

June 2012 has an extra bank holiday to celebrate the queens diamond jubilee (Tuesday 5th June). A free day off for golf!!

and

GM should get a good deal at many quality tracks so it's all about balance for travel. You will always have the extreme journeys for some but it should be as fair as possible. I can get to Glasgow central from Milton Keynes in just 4 hours for £33 return with Virgin trains but i would also drive for 4 hours if the event was worth it. Perhaps this should be a factor. Southport has many great tracks and cheap accomodation and probably the most central for those at the extremes of the UK.

Whatever the choice as long as it's publicised early enough those determined to go will find the way to get there. So Mike ....bring it on!! :D

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
Not just for selfish reasons but I think Yorkshire is a good shout. Middle of the country not too far for the southeners or the scottish guys and leeds/bradford or Robin Hood airport for the Irish guys.

Plus Moortown is about 5 minutes from my house :cool:

Seriously though plenty of great courses in Yorkshire it is worth looking at I think.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
I would prefer an overnighter with a couple of rounds on different courses, maybe even 36 each day with 2 shotgun starts if practical. Ideally sometime when there is a better chance of decent waether, at the better courses & near an airport so I don't have to travel to far.

p.s. Seen Turkey mentioned I would only recommend this to the more elderly contingent & those who like 5.5-6.5 hour rounds, I'll post a full review in the next week.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would prefer an overnighter with a couple of rounds on different courses, maybe even 36 each day with 2 shotgun starts if practical. Ideally sometime when there is a better chance of decent waether, at the better courses & near an airport so I don't have to travel to far.

p.s. Seen Turkey mentioned I would only recommend this to the more elderly contingent & those who like 5.5-6.5 hour rounds, I'll post a full review in the next week.

36 holes a day plus beer? No thanks. I'll do 18 and have a few beers and a laugh.

Andy

T

thecraw

36 holes a day plus beer? No thanks. I'll do 18 and have a few beers and a laugh.

Andy

Did we not just do 36, beers and a laugh at the weekend? ;)

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site

Andy

Did we not just do 36, beers and a laugh at the weekend? ;)

He's on about 36 a day ya fud!

Andy

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Mates of mine play in HSBC golf society, and they rave about Ganton. Must admit having looked at the new website it does look superb, and i'm sure would be a fitting course for such an event. It is fairly central so one of the fairest places to play. Also for the quality of the course not too expensive, and they do appear to welcome Societies. Will add to my previous suggestions of Southport and Blackpool.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'll second that. Ganton looks a superb course, with a history to go with it.

Don't know what the accomodation is like in the area but I'm sure there'd be somewhere, it's not too far from the seaside after all.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The best month for such an event July/August
The best day (weekday or weekend) Weekend
Should it be a 1 or 2 day event? 2 days
Location (country, region, type of course) Anywhere central this is fair on our nothern members then
The maximum you'd be prepared to spend on it 50p, times are hard
If it were a 2 dayer would you want accommodation included? an overnight stay for saturday

On a serious note for the last forum meet i booked into a travel lodge for £19.00, providing we have enough notice i dont see why we wouldnt get teh same deal, i think its 6 weeks notice for the reduced rate.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
What about St Anns old course. A links course but not a killer. Blackpool has plenty of hotels& nightlife. 2 day weekend. Late summer to give people time to plan.