2 Rules query

Down_The_Middle

Head Pro
Visit site
1: If you have chipped in off the green and you go to remove you ball from the hole is it an offence to do it by lifting up the flag stick so the ball comes out with the flag stick

2: How often when playing par 3s do you use someone elses broken tee.Is this an offence

Is these are offence can you point out in the rules for me please

Cheers DTM

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
1. As long as the ball has come to rest at the bottom of the cup then I don't think its an "offence". Your Greenkeeper might not be too amused as it could damage the hole though.

2. No problem at all. I do it all the time. As long as you are within the teeing area you can tee it up on a worm cast if you like

AndrewG

Assistant Pro
www.a-george.com
2. A friend of mine who played at a corporate day with Laura Davies reckoned she used to tee up by hacking into the teeing ground with her club or shoe, a-la rugby kickers before those nice little rugby tees they get thrown.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
2. A friend of mine who played at a corporate day with Laura Davies reckoned she used to tee up by hacking into the teeing ground with her club or shoe, a-la rugby kickers before those nice little rugby tees they get thrown.

Saw her do this at the Ladies Open last year, walked on 11th tee, caddy passed her a wedge, she dug up a little divot, exchanged the wedge for a driver and drove off. In her defence though once trodden down you could hardly tell this had been done.

As for OP, neither is contrary to any rule.

intherough

Head Pro
Visit site

Saw her do this at the Ladies Open last year, walked on 11th tee, caddy passed her a wedge, she dug up a little divot, exchanged the wedge for a driver and drove off. In her defence though once trodden down you could hardly tell this had been done.

As for OP, neither is contrary to any rule.
Think she does this all the time when using a driver. having seen her use a t

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once the ball is below the ground, it is holed, end of story and you can take it out any way you like, although a nearby greenkeeper might take offence if you are not respectful of the green.

You can use broken tees or create a small raised surface a la big Laura. Sandy Lyle used to do that too so he could get some grass between the club and ball when hitting his 1 iron.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like most others say - ok in both cases.

In OP, ball is holed and therefore not in play until you smack it off the next tee - so you can do much as you like with it.

Tees are not equipment so you can beg, borrow, find or steal what you like. And like others say, you can dob up a lump of turf. As long as it's not higher than 4 inches.

Just be wary of the wrath of greenkeeper and other members