2 or 3 iron options- T-MB vs Ping Crossover vs Hi-fli vs TM mid

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I am looking for something to bridge the gap between my Driver and 4 iron.
I don't like hybrids or 3 woods so I'm thinking a forgiving 2 or 3 iron would be good.
I have a Titleist T-MB 3 iron, but I'm not convinced by the Project X 6.0 shaft (possibly a little to stiff for me as everything seems to push right only with this club),
so will be looking to sell/swap that for something else.

Any recommendations welcome

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The 3 iron 6.0 is perfect for me in terms of results. However, I like the feel of the 5.5. There's a spring to the shaft without it feeling like a rubber tube. There's a couple of yards of fade to a well struck 4 iron, whereas the 3 iron is straight.

If I was buying a full set I'd go for the 6.0, even though its a little dead compared to the feel off the 4 iron.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My Ping G700 4-iron is forgiving, albeit a little chunky, and with the power spec loft its just 18.5 degrees. Worth considering in place of a standard 2 or 3-iron.

GolfingPastor

Visit site
The 3 iron 6.0 is perfect for me in terms of results. However, I like the feel of the 5.5. There's a spring to the shaft without it feeling like a rubber tube. There's a couple of yards of fade to a well struck 4 iron, whereas the 3 iron is straight.

If I was buying a full set I'd go for the 6.0, even though its a little dead compared to the feel off the 4 iron.

Strange that you get that bit of fade with the lighter shaft- I assumed it would be the other way around.

Dannyc

Visit site
Ive got the fli hi 4 iron thsts a great club don’t hit many bad shots with that very forgiving can only assume 3 iron the same
Callaway 2 iron love it off the tee into wind it flys out there very low but can hit the odd stinker with it
I’ve had tmb in the past good solid irons they are
Good feel to them all

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a Ping G400 Crossover 3 "iron" which is 19*. I do find it a very handy club off the deck or low tee, when the owner is on song.;)