1st 18

Coreservers

Visit site
Did my 1st full course 18 today.. 105 round Brampton heath.. legs ache now tho. Driving great, 180-200 off 3 wood white castle tees.. fairway stuff however was dire. But the whole point was to see how I got on with a full round on a testing course. So immediately booked my self a 1 hour lesson next week focus on swung and fairway play. Loving the sport after a very nervy start.. did the par 3 course yesterday in 36 which is acceptable.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nice score for a first round, first target should be break 100 now ?
Would suggest you look at a lower tee though for 3 wood, white castles are a bit high.

Coreservers

Visit site
I did try the yellow ones with mixed results. I get quite straight and decent length off those ones. But do need to bring the driver into play.. however my vicious slice puts me off it. One for lessons and the range

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Great you enjoyed it. Appreciate you'll be desperate to record scores, some pros may suggest if it is quiet to tee up on fairways just to become used to playing in the beginning. Gain the off the grass confidence the range.

Coreservers

Visit site
Lol. I like it. Gets a nice flight. But got a lesson next week on swing and fairway play...
Was given a great piece if advice.. Once you have a lesson and before booking another..take time to work on what that lesson brought. Best way to up your game

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use to slice my driver, but got better after lessons. However, what also made a significant difference was increasing the loft on my driver to reduce the side spin. I play with a 13 degree … which also accords with my slower swing speed being a senior. What driver loft are you using? Going up from say 10.5 to 12 may help keep it on the fairway without any significant loss in distance.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did my 1st full course 18 today.. 105 round Brampton heath.. legs ache now tho. Driving great, 180-200 off 3 wood white castle tees.. fairway stuff however was dire. But the whole point was to see how I got on with a full round on a testing course. So immediately booked my self a 1 hour lesson next week focus on swung and fairway play. Loving the sport after a very nervy start.. did the par 3 course yesterday in 36 which is acceptable.

Congrats that is a great first time score 4s on par 3s is very good

Leaning to get the correct tee height early on is important else you are building up a method of striking/swinging which will affect you in the long term. Although I do not use castle tees I would be using reds at most with a 3 wood. You should be thinking in terms of driving the ball forward and let the loft of the club get it up in the air.