150 yard markers

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I believe if one interferes with your swing or stance you can take relief.

I believe if one is on your intended ball path - tough.

If the marker can be easily pulled from the ground and replaced after your swing are you within your rights to do so?

What about in Covid times if the rules prevent you from touching it?

Thanks.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe if one interferes with your swing or stance you can take relief.

I believe if one is on your intended ball path - tough.

If the marker can be easily pulled from the ground and replaced after your swing are you within your rights to do so?

What about in Covid times if the rules prevent you from touching it?

Thanks.
1) Provided it is deemed to be an immovable obstruction
2) Yes
3) Provided it is not deemed to be immovable
4) Your club should have made it clear that that they must not be touched and that they are immovable obstructions

From the R&A
On-Course Items
  • All rakes and ball-retrievers to be removed.
  • Ball washers and drinking fountains to be covered up.
  • Benches and bins to be removed, covered or sign-posted in such a way that players don’t touch them.
  • All other removable items to be removed, except that stakes defining areas of the course can be treated as immovable obstructions.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As with any obstruction. It should be clearly defined in your club's Local Rules.

If it is not then you just go by the Rules of Golf.

We never advised our members about on course 'furniture' (from memory) I cannot now check this as the guidelines published by the club are much shortened compared to the original versions but most stuff was covered up.

Our distance markers are immovable by the Rules of Golf (although I have seen some people move them).

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was always told that you can take the yard markers out of the ground and lay them down to take your shot (replacing them afterwards) so that's what I've always done.