13.5 degree driver!!!

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've seen a few of our Lady members use 11 degree ones and maybe the odd 12 degree one so if you're playing from the reds I think you'll be fine!! ;)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fingers crossed it's me!! :D

In all seriousness though, some of those ladies aren't bad!

whilst I did take £1 off Laura D in a driving contest (in my youth!) I agree that the ladies can hit it further than most :)

however, few of them, and certainly not me, will get close to you :eek:ne:

smilies aside, there does seem to be an entirely inappropriate macho factor associated with driver lofts, which creates big issues for a lot of image concious players - you know as well as anyone that it's what you do with it rather than what you have that counts; implying that higher loft drivers is the domain of women rather than real men doesn't really help these individuals.

as a strategy on the first tee when your opponent has a 12 degree driver I can't fault it..... :)

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
whilst I did take £1 off Laura D in a driving contest (in my youth!) I agree that the ladies can hit it further than most :)

however, few of them, and certainly not me, will get close to you :eek:ne:

smilies aside, there does seem to be an entirely inappropriate macho factor associated with driver lofts, which creates big issues for a lot of image concious players - you know as well as anyone that it's what you do with it rather than what you have that counts; implying that higher loft drivers is the domain of women rather than real men doesn't really help these individuals.

as a strategy on the first tee when your opponent has a 12 degree driver I can't fault it..... :)

It's a sad truth Duncan. I personally would only wish people the best with any equipment they choose to use and if it works them then great.
I was only offering some 'tough love'! (in a lighthearted way)
I can only hope the User of such a driver doesn't worry about what others think as there will be a few comments but most just light hearted banter (hopefully!!). The fact a thread was needed though isn't a great sign but hopefully the forum can convince him to swing his 13.5 degree ladies driver as freely and as gay as he can without and fear of what his playing partners may feel or say.

If it's any help I have a poker in my driver with 9.5 degrees of loft, have X200 iron shafts, Just had my driver clubhead speed clocked with an average of 133 mph and wouldn't care what someone else chooses to use to get it around.

Best of luck, take any banter with a pinch of salt and if you really have any swing faults then you can always work them out as you go and change driver later. No point putting up with a driver you can't hit till you get your swing sorted as we are supposed to have fun out there.

P.S. Kudos on the £1 Duncan, but is that all you had off her!?! :)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It's a sad truth Duncan. I personally would only wish people the best with any equipment they choose to use and if it works them then great.
I was only offering some 'tough love'! (in a lighthearted way)
I can only hope the User of such a driver doesn't worry about what others think as there will be a few comments but most just light hearted banter (hopefully!!). The fact a thread was needed though isn't a great sign but hopefully the forum can convince him to swing his 13.5 degree ladies driver as freely and as gay as he can without and fear of what his playing partners may feel or say.

If it's any help I have a poker in my driver with 9.5 degrees of loft, have X200 iron shafts, Just had my driver clubhead speed clocked with an average of 133 mph and wouldn't care what someone else chooses to use to get it around.

Best of luck, take any banter with a pinch of salt and if you really have any swing faults then you can always work them out as you go and change driver later. No point putting up with a driver you can't hit till you get your swing sorted as we are supposed to have fun out there.

P.S. Kudos on the £1 Duncan, but is that all you had off her!?! :)

Handicap going north, I hear??

Maybe a 13 degree driver would put it in play?

Or a 7i?

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Handicap going north, I hear??

Maybe a 13 degree driver would put it in play?

Or a 7i?

13 Degree driver didn't work for me Murph!

Game not great at the moment so handicap is suffering. My excuses are extra work load and a shoulder injury at the moment but unfortunatly last weekend I felt the shoulder was getting a bit better so might be running out of excuses in a few weeks.

The 7i play is good but I never play in anything to serious so I get bored and have to smash something out of bounds when possible.

I hope your game is in good form though mate. How is that putter working for you?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once had a Nike Sumo lucky 13.....it was a POS.

I can't see the point in carrying a 13* driver and a 3 wood. surely that's just duplication

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I once had a Nike Sumo lucky 13.....it was a POS.

I can't see the point in carrying a 13* driver and a 3 wood. surely that's just duplication

different shaft lenghts and head size. What's a POS?

*edit* think I worked out "a Piece of s" ?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
different shaft lenghts and head size. What's a POS?

*edit* think I worked out "a Piece of s" ?

yep.. it means not very good.

I hear what you say re 3 wood and driver, but the OP is off 14 he could carry and hit a 3 wood off the tee and deck, this would make the 13 degree driver redundant

when I got fitted for my driver, I was told 'loft is my friend' and a 10.5 was perfect. I think at 13.5 degree the loft has crossed the boundary of friendship, moved in to your spare room rent free and is carrying on with your Mrs !!:D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Shouldn't ball flight be taken into account ? Mate of mine played with a 9 degree driver, prolaunch red shaft and could still clear a skyscraper with a his draw. Surely it is about the loft at impact not at address.