10 holes this evening - glorious

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just back from 10 holes on my tod this evening in SW London. Weather beautiful, course empty, shadows lengthening, birds singing and my golf ...........pretty decent in the main. Hit two or three balls when I fancied it. It's hard to beat twilight golf.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back from 10 holes on my tod this evening in SW London. Weather beautiful, course empty, shadows lengthening, birds singing and my golf ...........pretty decent in the main. Hit two or three balls when I fancied it. It's hard to beat twilight golf.

Indeed. I love twilight golf, especially when the skies are clear, the purples and mauves of dusk are all around and you are wondering: "can I squeeze one more hole in?!"

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Me too, and without sounding like a billy no mates I sometimes love it when you are on your own with no one else to hold you up. One of lifes little pleasures.

Sir Scoop-A-Lot

Head Pro
Visit site
Great time to try out new things on the course... especially if the course is empty. I normally play the first four holes at my place then hold up at the 5th tee (beautiful over the lake par 3 hole) and hit 4-6 tee shots the practice putting them in from various points around/on the green. The 6th then leads back towards the clubhouse for a fine ale after some hard practice! :cheers:

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like playing in the evening with headphones in. Just me, some tunes, the course and the setting sun. Glorious indeed.

Recently though, I've thought that swinging with headphones in is a bit of a pain in the bum, so I've thought about taking my little Bluetooth speaker up. It instinctively feels wrong, so I haven't done it yet, but I figure if the course is empty, where's the harm?

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
Was playing at Coombe Wood GC (between Wimbledon and Kingston).

I am going to try playing a few holes with my iPod in for the first time tomorrow. I think it may be a disaster in terms of concentration levels, but hope the distraction stops me from over analysing shots.

BTW, played 5 holes this evening. Was brass monkeys and blowing a gale (hence only 5 holes). Somewhat less enjoyable than last evening, but still great to be out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was playing at Coombe Wood GC (between Wimbledon and Kingston).

I am going to try playing a few holes with my iPod in for the first time tomorrow. I think it may be a disaster in terms of concentration levels, but hope the distraction stops me from over analysing shots.

BTW, played 5 holes this evening. Was brass monkeys and blowing a gale (hence only 5 holes). Somewhat less enjoyable than last evening, but still great to be out.

I know Coombe Wood very well. Use to caddy there as a kid and its a lovely place to play. Really enjoy my games there and can't think of many better places to play a few holes in the sun