0.1 club

D

Deleted member 17920

I cant get out of the 0.1 club these days. 0.2 back this weekend now taking me to 10.5 :angry: 14 qualifiers this year and only 3 times in the buffer and 1 was reductions only

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh how I laughed yesterday getting 26 pathetic points and feeling like I was playing OK, Course management is just shocking :mad:

Im considering a brain transplant to cure my problems :D.

Unless I start the round pretty well I completely talk myself out of anything resembling decent golf at the moment.

D

Deleted member 17920

Im considering a brain transplant to cure my problems :D.

Unless I start the round pretty well I completely talk myself out of anything resembling decent golf at the moment.
I have normally talked myself out of a good round before the 1st tee :D Good news is that I am getting closer to my target handicap :D Will be 12 by July I reckon

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can I join?
Missed buffer by a shot - needed a par up the last and the putt just came up short.
Chipping was my downfall - simply didn't chip close enough
Putted well but left 8-10 feet for par too many times.
Sunk a few but the pressure starts to tell .
A few positives to take away though

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After this weekend I really should be in. Shot 117 on Sunday after having a 12 on our 2nd easiest hole which is a par 4. Nett 96 against par 72. For some reason my handicap has not been adjusted on hdid though? only scored 20 odd points so I'm not sure how I've stayed out of the club.

I had a horror round too, but when I looked at your card on HDID I thought you must have been in mourning for somebody.
I've never seen so much black on a card. ;)

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had a horror round too, but when I looked at your card on HDID I thought you must have been in mourning for somebody.
I've never seen so much black on a card. ;)

I was ok until the 5th. Thinking I had sliced 3 out of bounds and topped the fourth just sucked any confidence I had in my own ability. Played again on Monday and managed to knock 13 shots off, which is heading back in the right direction although still gave me entry to the 0.1 club. I feel really confident that I'm going to have a good weekend 4th May though. Ball striking is lovely, chips are good, putts are reasonable at an average 2.2 for the season so far. Sand Wedge is in the bag for those tricky 70-80 yarders. I think that when you see a sudden improvement i.e. long and straight it takes a while to adjust your sights. 8 iron instead of 7 iron. Straight at the pin instead of off the right.

I really want to be mid teens by the end of the season and the way I am thinking about the game there is no reason why I can't do it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
We have a stable ford every Monday, yesterday there was 91 entrants, 6 got h/cap cuts, the biggest being 0.8
Is that the kind of figures you'd expect ?

Not unheard of. would expect that more later in the season when everyone tends to be more 'stable', but midweek comps often aren't 'typical' of membership either. probably a dozen or so in buffer as well?

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
First qualifier of the year for me yesterday and first round off the whites; 32 points against SSS of 71 (35) so waiting to see if CSS will save me. One shocking sliced drive (which cost me a blob) and 3 missed 3 footers did for me (if only I could hole out like Luke). :(

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Here's hoping the CSS goes up to 73 then I'll buffer. Otherwise another 0.1.
A hamlet moment in the 17th greenside bunker made buffering a little difficult. 3 to get out then a 1 putt for a double.

beau d.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's me :eek:! Awful start to the round, couldn't believe it, hit everything straight right on the first 4 holes, hit it places where I had never been on the course before, plugged up the face of a fairway bunker, lost ball etc etc, started 7,6,4,6 so dropped 8 shots on first 4 holes :angry: when only having a shot on the second, just didn't know what happened, played on Thursday and struck the ball great, just putted terrible.
Played the next 14 holes in +5 in really tough conditions which included a silly double bogey, so that was good, finished with a gross 83 net 76. Will miss the buffer zone but I suspect not by miles as the last 3 CSS's have been +2 (72),+3 (73) and +2 (72) so can take something from today, just at a complete loss as whet went on from 1 to 4, funny old game :)......

Last edited:

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
First qualifier of the year for me yesterday and first round off the whites; 32 points against SSS of 71 (35) so waiting to see if CSS will save me. One shocking sliced drive (which cost me a blob) and 3 missed 3 footers did for me (if only I could hole out like Luke). :(

Well CSS went up 2 so application was put on hold. However 31 points today should see me in.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First comp of the year today and I'm in.

From middle of the first fairway, I hit a heavy wedge short, then duffed TWO chips, before canning a 50ft putt for the 5 :rolleyes: And that was the story of the round - hit the ball ok but as soon as I got a wedge of any variety in my hand, disgusting things happened. Front 9 was a write-off but I was +2 on the way back when I came up a bit short at 17. Easiest chip in the world, no trouble between me and the hole, so I bladed a chip the length of the green and over the back, then duffed a chip before another chip and two putts left me with a 6. From nowhere.

All told, I reckon I threw away 8 or 9 shots with poor chip shots. My short game really is horrific :(