Zen Golf Mechanics (Marcus Bell + Robin Matthews-Williams)

Visit site
i think they are on to something with improving weight transfer but just achieving an extra 20yds distance at the expense of any consistency is only going to push your handicap one way.
What they seem to think is that they’ve invented the whole new ground force/weight transfer drills etc, they’ve been around for ever and far more competent and professional coaches out there coaching it who also look at the fundamentals etc - it’s just a money grab that they are continuing to get more and more greedy with

Slw87

Visit site
What they seem to think is that they’ve invented the whole new ground force/weight transfer drills etc, they’ve been around for ever and far more competent and professional coaches out there coaching it who also look at the fundamentals etc - it’s just a money grab that they are continuing to get more and more greedy with

Yeah, I got hooked in with the videos, even considered buying the yo-yo board before the lesson!

Given me a new appreciation of quality pga professionals, there’s also plenty of more conventional teaching pros that are distinctly average but some awesome ones out there.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't quite put my finger on why I dislike him so much. I don't like the idea that he targets golfers that are frustrated with their golf and lack of progression and then offers them the fix but at an ass raping price. That board that he sells for £200/300 must cost a fraction of that.

I want to hear from someone that's had genuine long term results from his teachings

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What annoyed me with them is at the beginning they were laughing of other coaches for using any types of training aids.
Now they flogging their board for a lot of money calling it the next best thing since slice bread.
I did thought about having a lesson with him at the very beginning of his online presence but now he come across as arrogant who knows everything.

Slw87

Visit site
What annoyed me with them is at the beginning they were laughing of other coaches for using any types of training aids.
Now they flogging their board for a lot of money calling it the next best thing since slice bread.
I did thought about having a lesson with him at the very beginning of his online presence but now he come across as arrogant who knows everything.

i made my own board with from ply, probably cost £5. I think Danny Maude did a video with a homemade board

Visit site
I can't quite put my finger on why I dislike him so much. I don't like the idea that he targets golfers that are frustrated with their golf and lack of progression and then offers them the fix but at an ass raping price. That board that he sells for £200/300 must cost a fraction of that.

I want to hear from someone that's had genuine long term results from his teachings
They’ll need deep pockets to pay his prices if they plan on using him as their coach for long term results

Visit site
It’s like his trips away sales pitch saying you get to spend time with their tour pros, making it sound as though they’re currently on tour etc - not for one minute smashing one of them didn’t play on the European tour for a bit but the other one has only played on mini tours and mainly now is playing regional pga events.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Is Robin still on the Zen videos? I saw this thread pop up again, just checked and seen that RMW has deleted his own YouTube channel.

He made a reappearance earlier this year, or was it last? He seemed to have taken a coaching course in Zen. Since then he seems to have vanished again.

Edit: it was October 21.

Notleadingbythree

Visit site
The latest offer, and without flights!
I reckon the filming guy gets a free holiday out of this!

Hi guys,

Hope you're well.

I'm very excited to share with you the details of our next trip in January to Abu Dhabi.

Here's a full breakdown and costs for what will be an amazing coaching trip at an unbelievable venue.

Abu Dhabi National Zen Experience
30th January- 4th February
5 nights half board at Westin
5 lunches included
Dinner included but not drinks
Airport transfers included
26 hours coaching
3 x 9 holes
£4999 + flights

Limited spots available so first come first served

Book on to the trip at: Zen@golftravelhub.co.uk

Here's what you will experience on this trip.

On your first day we will provide a unique 6 hour, fully immersive, coaching experience with the whole team to give you a personal blueprint for development over the 4 days. This initial session will give everyone a detailed understanding of your movement capabilities and how you apply them to your swing. Using this information, we can explain the foundations of your new blueprint going forward.

There will be 17 hours of intensive, personalised training over the week, plus a unique 27 hole (3x 9 hole), on course experience detailing how to take your own blueprint on to the golf course. This will entail 9 extra hours of training that involves all aspects of performance on the course from the mental side, short game, green reading, putting and long game! In total that’s 26 hours of training - 17 hours of academy training plus a further 9 hours of on course training.

Each evening, over dinner, you will have the opportunity to run through what you have both learnt and achieved throughout the day with Marcus and the team. This will give you the chance to revisit the day in a relaxed and informal environment, allowing you to ask the team any questions you may have and fully dissect what was covered in the daytime.

This detailed programme has been specifically designed for people that are serious about improving their own knowledge and to give a unique blueprint for improvement going forward.

Please contact GolfTravelHub asap to book on ?

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Marcus ?

Notleadingbythree

Visit site
Another interesting thing
Is that Liam from Golf mates went to him I think sometime last year..
Best thing since sliced bread etc...
It couldn't have worked because......
Then this summer he was with Danny Maude who basically corrected his slice!

Yorks golfer

Visit site
I can’t help but think of David Brent when I hear him talk.
Good luck to him if he can charge that.
I wouldn’t pay him £50 for a lesson.
That’s spot on I’ve been trying to think of which patronising person he reminds me of. The arrogance just flows from him and his hands in pockets attitude just sums it up.

LizAig

Visit site
As they say a fool and his money are easily parted. I used to like the videos as well. Has anyone heard of anyone visiting these guys and having a huge improvement? Like say 14 handicap to 3?
I dropped from around 22 to 12 over a couple of years - I was hitting the ball much much further but also my putting and wedges improved after lessons with Marcus. What I really like is the drills I learnt which I still use to focus on specific issues. I had lessons when an hour cost £30-35 and it was 6 for the price if 5!! He completely changed how I approached the game - I’m now much more relaxed and swing much freer (not sure that’s a word). I stopped having lessons due to illness and would love to go back. I found him to be very genuine and generous with his time - I loved my lessons and the holidays I went on with him.

Last edited:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The teaching is very much Dr Kwan in general, just less technology, more props, a total lack of science, and the constant patter of a shopping channel presenter demonstrating the latest do everything vegetable slicer.
He does have the gist of modern swing theory I think though.

Yorks golfer

Visit site
The teaching is very much Dr Kwan in general, just less technology, more props, a total lack of science, and the constant patter of a shopping channel presenter demonstrating the latest do everything vegetable slicer.
He does have the gist of modern swing theory I think though.
I think your comment of a shopping channel presenter is spot on. It’s the patronising patter that I find too much but he packages it up well and if someone wants to spend £500 for every lesson then go for it.

Visit site
I think your comment of a shopping channel presenter is spot on. It’s the patronising patter that I find too much but he packages it up well and if someone wants to spend £500 for every lesson then go for it.
Completely agree, very patronising/arrogant and would be better suited to QVC. He’s plugging another “fantastic” golf trip for £3500 + not including flights.