Zen Golf Mechanics (Marcus Bell + Robin Matthews-Williams)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How bad would your game have to be to even possibly see £2500 worth of improvement? I'd be wanting a lot more than marginal gains for that. :LOL:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I can’t help but think of David Brent when I hear him talk.
Good luck to him if he can charge that.
I wouldn’t pay him £50 for a lesson.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Ah see i've been pulled back in with the last few videos

but my god he loves the sound of his own voice but i think the drills he's been using are very interesting

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah see i've been pulled back in with the last few videos

but my god he loves the sound of his own voice but i think the drills he's been using are very interesting
He literally gives the same lesson to everyone. And what idiot buys that board at that price ?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
He literally gives the same lesson to everyone. And what idiot buys that board at that price ?

ah the pricing is ridiculous!!! for lessons at 500 quid a pop it's firmly in the i'll go if i win the euro millions pot :ROFLMAO:

yeah it does feel like the lessons are very similar but then again mid to high handicappers have a lot of similar issues they all basically struggle with Low point control, clubface control and path

sjw

Visit site
ah the pricing is ridiculous!!! for lessons at 500 quid a pop it's firmly in the i'll go if i win the euro millions pot :ROFLMAO:

yeah it does feel like the lessons are very similar but then again mid to high handicappers have a lot of similar issues they all basically struggle with Low point control, clubface control and path
There's a big difference between the lessons being similar, and pretending to listen to the golfer and then saying "try this" and launching into your same spiel

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
There's a big difference between the lessons being similar, and pretending to listen to the golfer and then saying "try this" and launching into your same spiel

tbf a lot of amateur golfers haven't got a clue about what their true swing problems are

Visit site
As they say a fool and his money are easily parted. I used to like the videos as well. Has anyone heard of anyone visiting these guys and having a huge improvement? Like say 14 handicap to 3?
I know of 2 low h’cap players who’s been to him and said it was most unprofessional experience they’ve encountered and couldn’t actually wait to leave/for the lesson to end. Apparently the guy who did his camera/video work is now coaching!!! & the other guy who has been on couple of videos where him and Bell take the pi$$ out of traditional coaching methods and now does his videos is the most unprofessional individual they’ve ever come across.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know of 2 low h’cap players who’s been to him and said it was most unprofessional experience they’ve encountered and couldn’t actually wait to leave/for the lesson to end. Apparently the guy who did his camera/video work is now coaching!!! & the other guy who has been on couple of videos where him and Bell take the pi$$ out of traditional coaching methods and now does his videos is the most unprofessional individual they’ve ever come across.
I can't believe people pay the money. As for £2500 for the two day residential!!!!!!!

I'm in the wrong business. He must literally be laughing out loud

Slw87

Visit site
Having had a lesson with zen a few years ago, it was not the transformational fix for my golf swing that I would have hoped. In fact my golf suffered for months while I persevered with the zen philosophy. They dont believe in traditional fundamentals, takeway etc, just swing the club and feel the arc and your body will create the shot. Be very careful, im only now rebuilding my swing from it.

I would say, if you are an absolute beginner just trying to get the ball in the air or a scratch or better player with sound fundamentals, just trying to improve weight transfer then zen might be beneficial, but low to mid handicappers I would say beware.

Visit site
Is Robin still on the Zen videos? I saw this thread pop up again, just checked and seen that RMW has deleted his own YouTube channel.
Don’t think so, he’s not on their website also from when he was down as one of their “coaches”, apparently they’ve now got one of the cameramen coaching also.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can’t help but think of David Brent when I hear him talk.
Good luck to him if he can charge that.
I wouldn’t pay him £50 for a lesson.
He is just an endless chain of golf swing cliché tips.

Time will tell whether there is real substance to it, but the likes of Dr Kwon, have shown up this type of matey patter that used to pass for golf coaching for the nonsense it is. Can any coach make a difference of more than a stroke or two to someones game is still an open question.

Slw87

Visit site
Just swinging the club with no emphasis on fundamentals is a black hole you really don’t want to go down. I’ve spent the last year fighting a destructive pull hook. The main cause a inside takeaway, seemingly one of the most disastrous swing flaws that according to zen doesn’t matter, ”just feel that in to out swing”

im sure the philosophy will work for some, but it is not the simple fix that some of the online material points to.

Visit site
Just swinging the club with no emphasis on fundamentals is a black hole you really don’t want to go down. I’ve spent the last year fighting a destructive pull hook. The main cause a inside takeaway, seemingly one of the most disastrous swing flaws that according to zen doesn’t matter, ”just feel that in to out swing”

im sure the philosophy will work for some, but it is not the simple fix that some of the online material points to.
Couldn’t agree with you more, they weren’t interested at all with what was causing me issues and it actually exasperated my inside takeaway even more causing more issues after I left. They have to expect if and it’s a big if, they have elite/scratch level golfers going to see them, then a scratch golfer is more than likely to want to deal fundamentals etc.
The swing path more left is a dangerous quick fix that they are charging a hell of a lot of money for

MACM85

Visit site
I have watched a few Zen videos and feel that Marcus just talks jibberish. Yeh the results might be evident in the video but that is after a few hours of constant work from the individual. When they go to the local range the next day or on the course the following week will they remember exactly what they felt after 3hrs of intensive "coaching". Probably not. This will just lead to more errors and issues.

One of the videos the other day the lad in the lesson thanked him for the session and commented after the session he has had his longest drive ever at 350+ this chap was in his 60's and didn't look like he was bombing whatever iron he was practicing with.

Slw87

Visit site
Couldn’t agree with you more, they weren’t interested at all with what was causing me issues and it actually exasperated my inside takeaway even more causing more issues after I left. They have to expect if and it’s a big if, they have elite/scratch level golfers going to see them, then a scratch golfer is more than likely to want to deal fundamentals etc.
The swing path more left is a dangerous quick fix that they are charging a hell of a lot of money for

i think they are on to something with improving weight transfer but just achieving an extra 20yds distance at the expense of any consistency is only going to push your handicap one way.