Zen Golf Mechanics (Marcus Bell + Robin Matthews-Williams)

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone watched these lesson videos or even had a lesson with him?

I find the approach fascinating

Also fair play to Robin since he was called out by flow motion he’s knuckled down and worked with Marcus and the content since has been superb

LizAig

Visit site
Yes - I’ve had a couple of years of lessons with Marcus. Completely revolutionised my game and became much more natural and fewer swing thoughts.

eddie_1878

Visit site
Like their natural approach but sometimes I think their on a mission to get everyone to draw the ball.

Yeah, I’ve also found it seems to be main feature of each published lesson. Not being able to consistently draw it would be at the bottom of a very long list of issues I have with my game.

I’d definitely consider going there though.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Amazed at the fascination with a draw. Some of my best golf come from a previous pro teaching me to hit a small fade, especially in summer months. Does seem a very simple approach though

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He is fully booked till August. I did tried to go for a lesson last year. It was 300 for 3h, unfortunately lockdown prevent me from it. It seems since then prices went up to 400.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like their natural approach but sometimes I think their on a mission to get everyone to draw the ball.

I think that’s only because almost everyone who comes in suffers from a slice.
but it’s more than getting a draw. He’s essentially teaching how to move from the ground up and to get an awareness of move your body and swing to get the shape you want.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He’s finally released his infinity board product for £250 (+£10 p&p).

It’s a logical move but also a strange one considering the number of times he and Robin took the piss out of selling one, what is essentially a board of wood with a dowel in the middle.

I made one out of some wood in the shed. Didn’t cost me a penny. The spinning discs can be bought on Amazon for a tenner.

But I guess the real selling point is the exercise program you get with it. Pity you couldn’t buy that on its own.

eddie_1878

Visit site

It’s a logical move but also a strange one considering the number of times he and Robin took the piss out of selling one, what is essentially a board of wood with a dowel in the middle.

I made one out of some wood in the shed. Didn’t cost me a penny. The spinning discs can be bought on Amazon for a tenner.

But I guess the real selling point is the exercise program you get with it. Pity you couldn’t buy that on its own.

Absolute madness. Don’t begrudge anyone making a living for themselves but the markup on that is ridiculous.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

I was toying with knocking one up also, do you recall what wood you found in the shed?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was toying with knocking one up also, do you recall what wood you found in the shed?

It was a bit of mdf from a cupboard or shelf. It really doesn’t matter as long as it’s roughly shoulder width length. I had some beading which I screwed to it for the pivot.

bwstokie

Visit site
He is fully booked till August. I did tried to go for a lesson last year. It was 300 for 3h, unfortunately lockdown prevent me from it. It seems since then prices went up to 400.
Jesus I can’t believe how much he’s charging now! I went up to see him December 2019 and it was £250 for the day. Was a great experience and I did learn a lot (haven’t always been able to implement it) but I definitely have improved as a result.

LizAig

Visit site
I used to go quite regularly for a two hour lesson …. I think he was around £35 an hour then. I did a couple of golfing holidays with him as well. Worth every penny as I dropped from 22 to 12 - nearly everything about my game changed - swing, putting and attitude!

eddie_1878

Visit site
I used to go quite regularly for a two hour lesson …. I think he was around £35 an hour then. I did a couple of golfing holidays with him as well. Worth every penny as I dropped from 22 to 12 - nearly everything about my game changed - swing, putting and attitude!

Can’t fault your work, Marcus...just the prices! Supply and demand though eh which is fair enough! ???

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can’t fault your work, Marcus...just the prices! Supply and demand though eh which is fair enough! ???
Unfortunately most people associate quality with cost when it comes to golf lessons. The worst lessons I had was a two hour lesson for £200 which included a two weekly check in with online videos. The best pro I've seen (and currently see) charges £35 an hour and had made more improvements to my game in 3 sessions than others have in a year

eddie_1878

Visit site
Unfortunately most people associate quality with cost when it comes to golf lessons. The worst lessons I had was a two hour lesson for £200 which included a two weekly check in with online videos. The best pro I've seen (and currently see) charges £35 an hour and had made more improvements to my game in 3 sessions than others have in a year

I wouldn’t argue with that, very much horses for courses with lessons IMO. I have to say, in regards to ZEN golf mechanics, I haven’t seen much negative feedback.

Given the money that can be spent on this game, £400 is a drop in the ocean if it means you can actually play it without wanting to murder somebody after 7 holes!