You've won the lottery

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok, tonight you win £10m on the the lottery.
You buy some land and build a house to your own design.
Where would it be and what rooms and stuff must it have in it?
Remember, size and cost no problem.
The real dream house.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd probably buy a course with accomodation. There was one for sale in France last year. Looked the DB's.

Bit like the 3 wishes though. It ain't gonna happen :mad:

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd Probably buy a stretch of land near the coast, either in Cornwall, Wales, Scotland. If I sort out a Passport I'd probably move to The West Coast of Ireland/Eire.

I'd design my own coastal course to play golf.

The house itself would have a SouthWest facing massive sunlounge taking up that entire side of the building. overlooking the course & cliffs. The rest of the house to the North East would be in the classic disign of a castle in miniture, complete with battlements & high tower Gatehouse & drawbridge & partial moat. The inner courtyard would resemble a cloister.

There would be a good sized cellar well stocked with fine wines. Part of one wing would be totally soundprooffed, to incorporate a recording studio & my collection of guitars, basses & mandolins. There would have to be a full sized snooker table somewhere with wood panneled walls. The design of the whole house would need to be eco-friendly. Efficient use of solar & wind power, well insulated.

Of course I could simply buy a scottish island & a selection of crofters cottages & live the life of a hermit & again build my own dunelined golf course.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A log house/cottage in the wolds with large plot of grassland, have my own pitch and putt for practice and keep horses and a smaller plot for Dog training. Would like the plot near a fine golf course though, but it wouldnt matter as having the change out of 10m could probably get me a chauffeur to the golf course each day.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok, tonight you win £10m on the the lottery.
You buy some land and build a house to your own design.
Where would it be and what rooms and stuff must it have in it?
Remember, size and cost no problem.
The real dream house.

I'd only spend £2-3m on the house. I'd buy one with enough land to build a golf course too. I'd buy a big digger and move the earth around to build replicas of some of the most famous holes in golf.....
If there was any change, I'd build a home cinema room and the worlds plushest snooker room.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would make three of my buddies milionaires so they too can give up work and we could all play golf together. There is no point being retired when your mates still have to work and can't play golf with you.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The real dream house.

The dream ?

A house in a sheltered spot, but with sea views. Possibly somewhere near Cooden ( I've heard it's a decent enough course - anyone actually played it? :D )

The house would only need 4 bedrooms. But there would be a soundproofed music room with a mini recording kit, for m'lady. A library room/office for myself. Oh and I'd stick a snooker room in - just in case. A couple of reception rooms, a couple of spare loos, a games room, a cinema room, and a swimming pool, and I'm pretty much done ;)

Outside is more important, though. A must is a chipping / putting area and a small stables for a couple of horses.

I've always been happy with the simple life - I have to say £10 mill wouldn't change me........

Much :eek:

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I would buy some land near Puerto Banus close to all the golf in the area and of course the town.

I would then have a house with a minimum of 4 bedroom suites (bedroom, bathroom, w/in dressing room).

I would also have a couple of visitors bedrooms.

I would have a games room with pool, snooker, darts, video games and a bar.

There would be a gym, sauna, steam, jacuzzi and indoor/outdoor swimming pools.

There would be 2 lounges and dining rooms, varying in size.

A massive kitchen.

A study for myself and one for the wife.

A heated garage for my fleet of classics and super-cars.

A nightclub for parties.

Thats about it.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
It would be a farm house in the Yorkshire dales with around 4 bedrooms, a games room and the usual stuff also with enough land attached for a 9 holer for private use.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
id buy i plot of land build a carp lake and driving range either side of my house and th einterior of the house will be something along the lines jons mentioned the games room would look like an american sports bars with tvs everywhere 2 snooker tables .arcade section... you name it!

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been chuckling away at these houses cos theyre not much different to what i'd want , however....It wouldnt happen cos HID would certainly not entertain the notion of games rooms/chipping greens/indoor pools/saunas etc etc

She would say lets have little 2 bed apartments in several cities around the world and just move about between them , we dont need all that extra bolox lets spend the cash on looking flash

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
what's inside is of less importance than what is outside so long as it's built with proper materials, stone, slate tiles, hardwood and glass, and it's comfortable. a couple of ensuite guest rooms (but not too grand or they won't leave), big-boys study, big warm kitchen, comfortable dining room but one you can use straight from the course, and a decent sized pool.

location is all; on the coast, adjacent to a decent course.

but with unlimited funds I'd also get membership of Les Bordes

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
My partner and I have discussed this, and if any of you do happen to win £10m on the lottery you can buy our Golf Range, Stables, Paddocks and Houses.
Just give us a week's notice!