YouTube at its finest

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Youtube splits opinion (when golf related, especially when its a certain Mr Crossfield.. marmite shall we say) but this week I think it has been at its finest .. forget the tips or the quality of the content.. what this week has shown is just the power it can do

Beginning of the week Mark Came on and said his dad is a captain of his golf club this year and as such has a charity.. wanted to help.. Offered his old Mizuno irons as a prize to be given out to one donator .. set a target of £10k.. that 10k was met very soon and other companies got involved.. (lastest being under armour .. offering 5 pairs of speith 2 shoes to be given away) the target is at the moment 20k and at time of posting its up to almost 19k.. amazing in a week.

the power of social media for sure

had another example on twitter last week.. little west ham support , young girl, suffering from cancer and needs to raise funds going to america for treatment. a regular west ham gossip poster asked his followers for £2 donation each to help raise the funds.. I believe they are well on the way to getting the target

social media at its best this week

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good post.

Personally social media platforms irritate me greatly at the moment.

This is a timely reminder that they can be used positively too.

:thup:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm on a Celtic message board. Last week the wife of a young guy on there died suddenly, leaving him with two very young twins to look after. Within a day the board had raised £2.5k to help with funeral expenses. it was quite humbling the amount of folk who donated to help someone they had never met who was going through a terrible time.

andyp1977

Hacker
Visit site
More often than not social media is an ugly place. What ive seen MC raise this week is beyond humbling. We are generally decent folk. I saw this week the legend that is Gazza donated £1000 to some poor girl who had her speech machine stolen.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More often than not social media is an ugly place. What ive seen MC raise this week is beyond humbling. We are generally decent folk. I saw this week the legend that is Gazza donated £1000 to some poor girl who had her speech machine stolen.

beautiful, its nice when the famous give something back aswell.. the top donation on crossfields page is just over £500 by Nedum Onuoha.. now could be someone just using his name but I like to think the QPR defender enjoys his channel just like I do and thought it was a great charity. Obviously £500 to him is small change but to the charity it changes lifes