D

Deleted member 21258

How about North Wales.

Conwy, North Wales, Bull Bay, llandudno golf

Could also tie in a fun trip to toboggan run/ski slope/tubes :-

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Stick with your original thoughts and look to IanM for guidance. You should be able to find a suitable hotel or guesthouse in the Mumbles or Gower area. Then you have a huge choice of courses to play from Porthcawl to Llanelli.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The best lads trip I've done is to Skipton. Loads of excellent courses all around.

Skipton / Keithly / Bingley St Ives / Northcliffe (cracking finishing hole) / Shipley all of these are great courses.

And Skipton has loads of pubs and restaurant to go at.

Travelodge, book early for best prices, is out of town 30 mins walk or a £5 taxi.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The best lads trip I've done is to Skipton. Loads of excellent courses all around.

Skipton / Keithly / Bingley St Ives / Northcliffe (cracking finishing hole) / Shipley all of these are great courses.

And Skipton has loads of pubs and restaurant to go at.

Travelodge, book early for best prices, is out of town 30 mins walk or a £5 taxi.
Shipley is a great course is it not. Five par 5's and five par 3's. It has that delightful short downhiller with the stream on two sides, followed by the monster uphill 200+ yards par 3 where you play to an up turned bowl. Our fourball played 36 holes, so eight attempts at that green and not one ball close.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Me and my group are looking at East Lothian for 2 nights 3 rounds on August bank holiday weekend, seen a deal for Craigielaw, Kilspindie and The Glen, for £395pp, staying at the Ducks Inn with B&B. I've looked at the green fees individually and I don't think it's far off. Any of the regulars advise if that's a good deal or not?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Not most people’s favourite but I go to yearly due at The Belfry. And we have a night out in Sutton and a night in the bel air nightclub on site. Always some wedding party or stag/hen night to crash.
Never had a bad time there.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Me and my group are looking at East Lothian for 2 nights 3 rounds on August bank holiday weekend, seen a deal for Craigielaw, Kilspindie and The Glen, for £395pp, staying at the Ducks Inn with B&B. I've looked at the green fees individually and I don't think it's far off. Any of the regulars advise if that's a good deal or not?

@Bazzatron

Doesn't look bad for pricing. Hotels in the North Berwick area in summer are pricey.
Ducks has a good reputation for dinner. Good places in Gullane too for food. Nice Italian and Tom Kitchin's gastro pub.

The Glen is quite nice with great views, not a true links if that is what you are after. Craigielaw is not everyone's favourite though.
Would suggest swapping one of those for Gullane 2. Shouldn't be any more expensive.

Last edited:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
@Bazzatron

Doesn't look bad for pricing. Hotels in the North Berwick area in summer.
Ducks has a good reputation for dinner. Good places in Gullane too for food. Nice Italian and Tom Kitchin's gastro pub.

The Glen is quite nice with great views, not a true links if that is what you are after. Craigielaw is not everyone's favourite though.
Would suggest swapping one of those for Gullane 2. Shouldn't be any more expensive.

Thanks Ken, I'll give them a ring to see what they can do.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
@Bazzatron

Doesn't look bad for pricing. Hotels in the North Berwick area in summer are pricey.

Managed to get this booked and swapped Gullane number 2 for Craigielaw ??

Any suggestions for a steakhouse in the area? Don't mind driving a bit further out either. Cheers.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We've managed to book in for a 2 nights stay in Swansea, playing Pennard and Machynys. We lost out on a 3rd round, unable to get a Saturday tee slot at any of the other local courses (tried Ashburnham, The Vale, Celtic Manor, St Pierre). It's a shorter trip than normal, and four of us are interested in playing a 3rd round somewhere else on the way back - happy to stay an extra night elsewhere. 2 of us travelling from Swansea back to Milton Keynes, 2 to Surrey, we have the whole day, so are happy to fan out from the M4 corridor and detour a little north or south. Anyone have a good recommendation?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

We've managed to book in for a 2 nights stay in Swansea, playing Pennard and Machynys. We lost out on a 3rd round, unable to get a Saturday tee slot at any of the other local courses (tried Ashburnham, The Vale, Celtic Manor, St Pierre). It's a shorter trip than normal, and four of us are interested in playing a 3rd round somewhere else on the way back. 2 of us travelling from Swansea back to Milton Keynes, 2 to Surrey, we have the whole day, so are happy to fan out from the M4 corridor and detour a little north or south. Anyone have a good recommendation?

Bowood is ok , The Players , Sonning , Marlborough

Or pop down to Weston Super Mare