Your Questions For.... Karrie Webb

NBonfield

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

We've been given some time with Karrie Webb at the ISPS Handa Ladies European Masters and we want to put your questions to the seven-time major champion and one of the greatest players in the history of the women's game. If there's anything you want to ask Karrie about anything, either on or off the course, here is you chance. Please comment below with your question(s) and include your full name and town/city of residence.

Many thanks,

Nick

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you think or is their opinion on tour that there should be a minimum age limit to play in professional tournaments (even for amateurs who qualify)? to me personally there was something strange bordering on wrong watching the young 11 year old Lucy Li (i think) play the other week . where as i accept she qualified i just think that is too much ?

Is it a case of if your good enough your old enough or should it be capped at a minimum age of say 15/16 ?

Bill Martin
Athy
Ireland

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you could, would you want to enter a competition open to Men and Women all from the same tees etc.

Scooter Roots
Newbury

C

c1973

What is your opinion on Luis Saurez, Liverpool FC, slow play and Aimpoint?

;)

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Given that both the mens and womens US Open were both played at Pinehurst - would you like to see a UK womens Open following The Open on the same course here in the UK?

Les Hines
Maidenhead

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do younthink is the prime cause of the apparent differential in men's performance to women's? If it is physical size, why is it that so many physically diminutive woman players win so many tournaments with fantastic iron and wedge play? Do you see the skill gap closing between the two games, and is it matched by prize money gap?

Steve Everton
Wokingham

D

Deleted member 1147

Your career has coincided with some of the best in the game, who have been your toughest and favourite opponents?

James Robinson
Derby

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same as i asked Karrie Webb , be nice to get a few different opinions

Do you think or is their opinion on tour that there should be a minimum age limit to play in professional tournaments (even for amateurs who qualify)? to me personally there was something strange bordering on wrong watching the young 11 year old Lucy Li (i think) play the other week . where as i accept she qualified i just think that is too much ?

Is it a case of if your good enough your old enough or should it be capped at a minimum age of say 15/16 ?

Bill Martin
Athy
Ireland

D

Deleted member 1147

Bill Martin
Athy
Ireland

You've asked Karrie Webb twice mate, need to move it to Trish Johnson's thread.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com

Bill Martin
Athy
Ireland

Bill - I should have read all the questions asked so far as I have rather poorly re-worded your question! Whoops! Sorry!

I don't think there should be an age limit.
If a kid can become an international pop-star (Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber etc...) or a child actor (Mcauley Kulkin, Elijah Wood etc...) why can't a kid become go on to compete at the top level in sports, if they are good enough to do so? Can't wait for all the 'look at how they turned out' comments...

I'm not entirely sure how much more emotionally developed a 16 year old would be in comparison to an 11 year old.
And - I don't believe that age is the only factor that determines whether someone can handle the pressures and stresses that come with being at the top of your field.

I can't see how we would be benefiting anyone by wrapping kids up in cotton wool until they become adults. The whole idea of not letting kids fail or hiding them from failure could do them more harm than good. Everyone should be encouraged to embrace their failures as it means they have tried to succeed. Michael Jordan famously said 'I've failed over and over and over again in life. And that's why I succeed'.

I think kids should be encouraged to do what they want, what they are good at and to strive for their goals. If this is in sport, the arts or in business, I say 'go for it'. There is a whole new world of young people out there who have massively embraced the opportunities that today's society can offer them and they are doing a darn sight better at it than many adults.

Additionally, think of the very many young athletes that compete in the Olympics (predominantly in indoor athletics and swimming), should they be told they are too young?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
You've asked Karrie Webb twice mate, need to move it to Trish Johnson's thread.
Thanks mate i just saw that ha ha DOH too late now anyhow..

Believe me the DOH got worse mate, i posted this below in the Trish Johnson thread (now deleted)

"I thought i asked a question in this thread, but i cant see it #confused:confused: ah well"

It makes sense why i cant see it now ha ha , some clown or what

Last edited: