Your Masters Questions Answered

LukeNor

Hacker
Visit site
Hi there,

Day Two - brilliant.

We have attempted to get up-to-date with all your questions on the Masters and put a comprehensive post up on the GM Masters 2008 microsite which you can get to below:

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/masters200...cle_227310.html

Enjoy the rest of the day and do please let us know if you have any more queries, questions or observations.

We'll have lots more live coverage coming up, including a whole heap of Masters facts, trivia and predictions, a blog on the CBS coverage as compared to the BBC, ramblings from Mr Bill Elliott and new on and off course galleries.

Thanks

Luke

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it true that the greens have fans underneath them

Great stuff.....is that what they do to the "in-da-hole" guys?; Enslave then under the greens to blow air up in a "Matrix"-style reality. Cool.....whatever next

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Luke / Neil,

Augusta is undoubtedly a beautiful, challenging golf course - and most will argue the greatest / best known course in America. However, I hope that every time this is mentioned by your American media colleagues you politely remind them that it was Scotsman, Dr Alistair Mackenzie who designed the course in the 1930's (Although it probably bares little resemblance these days!). :eek:

ACP

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Luke / Neil,

Augusta is undoubtedly a beautiful, challenging golf course - and most will argue the greatest / best known course in America. However, I hope that every time this is mentioned by your American media colleagues you politely remind them that it was Scotsman, Dr Alistair Mackenzie who designed the course in the 1930's (Although it probably bares little resemblance these days!). :eek:

ACP

According to an article in a competitors mag, some of Mackenzie's inspriations for Augusta came from some earlier work he did at Stoke Park (scene of the golf game in Goldfinger and where Daniel Craig walked out of the clubhouse to meet Sienna Miller in Layer Cake)

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Here's a question for you.

Reading the GM mag I saw an advert for Srixon balls v Titleist balls. The advert stated Srixon's challenge to Titleist to become the No1 choice of ball for golf competitions worldwide.

How are Srixon doing on the player's choice of ball versus Titleist?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gary player IS super mario.......or is that super gario?

Lame.....I better get my coat....

just hit a good 'un at 12 though!!!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Gary player IS super mario.......or is that super gario?

Lame.....I better get my coat....

just hit a good 'un at 12 though!!!

I admire Player a great deal. He's got so much fight and tenacity left in him - would that i'll be so supple and fit at 71!

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here's a question for you.

Reading the GM mag I saw an advert for Srixon balls v Titleist balls. The advert stated Srixon's challenge to Titleist to become the No1 choice of ball for golf competitions worldwide.

How are Srixon doing on the player's choice of ball versus Titleist?

Er...Furyk, Allenby and maybe an old fella or two......t**t

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sam Torrence is super Mario, mixed with the bloke of a pringles tube.

Poulter aint been dressed to bad YET.....

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know if this has already ben asked, but are course planners with the different pin posistions etc available to the public for each day of play?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Luke/Neil,
I have seen officials dotted around the course available for rulings, are these folk assigned to each fourball or are they positioned at areas on the course which are liable to cause issues?

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Luke/Neil

Did you see anything of Justin Rose's second round, was it just me or did he look very tired when it all went wrong towards the end.
Do you think that taking 5 nearly 6 hours to complete their rounds may be the cause and can you shed any light on why it is taking so long to get round?