York area

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
We will be staying at the outskirts of York for a few days in September and will have clubs with us. Where should we try and get a game in? We can also use the Association of James Braid Course scheme. Thanks

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
North, South, East or West of York? How far would you travel?

North near Haxby and we are coming over from the Fylde. We are travelling up on the Wednesday so could always play on the way was one train of thought. Do plan to have a couple of full days in York city as well as it's years since we've been.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Coming across from Fylde you will pass some nice courses. Have a look at Oakdale in Harrogate, lovely in September.

Pannal is quality but will be more expensive.

NearHull

Visit site
In order ( my order anyway) of quality. Fulford, Pannal, Oakdale, Strensall , but I dislike Pike Hills - clumsy cross overs for last three holes.

Fabia999

Visit site
I'm playing Rudding Park in a few months, never played it before but I've heard good things might be worth a look. Can anybody share an experience on Rudding Park?

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm playing Rudding Park in a few months, never played it before but I've heard good things might be worth a look. Can anybody share an experience on Rudding Park?
It's a course that stays open during the winter because it's a hotel course. People don't really talk about it much, I think because you can get bumped off your tee time if a guest wants to play. Most talk I hear is just people going there to hit balls....I haven't, but it's the best ball range in the immediate area.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you are going along the A59 from Preston through Skipton consider Ilkley. great track on the way. Bingley St Ives is OK. also on the way and used to be involved with The European Tour I think.