Yoof's on the course....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Have been a member at Leighton for 12 years now, and not really had many issues with the general public coming onto the course, aside from a few kids hunting Pokemon, and a strange lad who used to like stealing the bunker rakes and leaving ornate designs on greens, made from orange peel...... yeah, no idea....

Anyway, was playing last Tuesday evening, around 17:30, and walking onto our 8th tee, I could hear raised voices coming from the practice ground. It certainly didn't sound like anyone practicing, so I went to take a look, only to find three teenagers, maybe 13 - 15 years old, in their obligatory trackies and hoodies. One of the older ones was egging the smallest one to go and, I quote "go on, s**t on the green mat". The lad subsequently walked over, dropped his trackies and began to squat on one of the practice mats. I had just grabbed the phone as they spotted me and started yelling "he's filming us", at which point, they instantly all pulled their hoods up and ran into the trees, even the one with his pants down went for his hood before pulling his pants up. The automatic hood response implies to me that they are probably well experienced at wrong doing. There's a fence and a thick row of trees between the tee and the practice area, so I was unable to get through quickly enough, and they were 40 or 50 yds away anyways, so pointless trying to chase them. They did get very brave from the trees, calling me "pr**k" and throwing golf balls at me.

To be honest, I was at a loss for words. I get that the youth of today seem mostly bored to death unless they're hooked into an games console or youtube, but why on earth would you want to defecate in public, in front of your mates? Only ever really seen it from our traveller friends, but to make it your first thought of vandalizing the local golf club, I really don't get it.

Last edited:

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Have been a member at Leighton for 12 years now, and not really had many issues with the general public coming onto the course, aside from a few kids hunting Pokemon, and a strange lad who used to like stealing the bunker rakes and leaving ornate designs on greens, made from orange peel...... yeah, no idea....

Anyway, was playing last Tuesday evening, around 17:30, and walking onto our 8th tee, I could hear raised voices coming from the practice ground. It certainly didn't sound like anyone practicing, so I went to take a look, only to find three teenagers, maybe 13 - 15 years old, in their obligatory trackies and hoodies. One of the older ones was egging the smallest one to go and, I quote "go on, s**t on the green mat". The lad subsequently walked over, dropped his trackies and began to squat on one of the practice mats. I had just grabbed the phone as they spotted me and started yelling "he's filming us", at which point, they instantly all pulled their hoods up and ran into the trees, even the one with his pants down went for his hood before pulling his pants up. The automatic hood response implies to me that they are probably well experienced at wrong doing. There's a fence and a thick row of trees between the tee and the practice error, so I was unable to get through quickly enough, and they were 40 or 50 yds away anyways, so pointless trying to chase them. They did get very brave from the trees, calling me "pr**k" and throwing golf balls at me.

To be honest, I was at a loss for words. I get that the youth of today seem mostly bored to death unless they're hooked into an games console or youtube, but why on earth would you want to defecate in public, in front of your mates? Only ever really seen it from our traveller friends, but to make it your first thought of vandalizing the local golf club, I really don't get it.

Just watch out, filming underage kids with their trousers down, some on the Adam Johnson thread will have you hung drawn and quartered never to be allowed near a course again ... :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just watch out, filming underage kids with their trousers down, some on the Adam Johnson thread will have you hung drawn and quartered never to be allowed near a course again ... :eek:
There is actually a serious point and you could potentially get into some inadvertent trouble if they reported it. I know it was filmed in innocence and to get some sort of evidence but in this day and age you have to be so careful

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Fortunately, or not, I didn't actually get any footage or photos as I was obstructed by the fence and trees. The thought I was filming was enough to scare them off, I'm not sure they are the sort to go complaining to the police that they were being filmed taking a dump on someone else's property though. Shame we couldn't identify them, I'm sure there's one or two at the club that likely know the parents and would have a word.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is actually a serious point and you could potentially get into some inadvertent trouble if they reported it. I know it was filmed in innocence and to get some sort of evidence but in this day and age you have to be so careful

Now I'm not a detective but had he waited two ticks there may be some evidence laying around that would fit nicely into an evidence bag.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In this part of the country we have many a foreign lorry driver who parks up on the hard shoulder of a main arterial A road or motorway, takes their obligatory rest break and use the adjacent long grass or undergrowth as their open air lavvy.

Swango1980

Visit site
I heard once that a fellow golfer at our club went out first thing in the morning, and there was a human s**t in the 6th hole (i.e. actually holed out in the cup). Not sure how he knew it was a humans, I guess it would have been a struggle for another animal to go to that effort.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Unconfirmed but I think some of these more modern hand held phones can actually be used to make calls (i know right, where will it end) So a quick tap to the non-emergency number and get connected to the local rozzers :sneaky:

Not sure the above applies to the latest iphone announced yesterday, couldn't see much info in the blurb about its ability to make calls

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Unconfirmed but I think some of these more modern hand held phones can actually be used to make calls (i know right, where will it end) So a quick tap to the non-emergency number and get connected to the local rozzers :sneaky:

Not sure the above applies to the latest iphone announced yesterday, couldn't see much info in the blurb about its ability to make calls

As per Phil's comments in https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/taking-law-into-own-hands-and-police-cuts.102845/ there's two coppers on duty covering from Dunstable. They will never come out for that, nor get there in time, assuming you can get through on 101 inside an hour.....

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
Well I’ve been feeding some swans on our course for over 3 years .. on their third brood of chicks now. I was told by the lads in the shop yesterday that the local feral brats had been challenged for fishing in the river and when the young lad from the shop went to get some help after they threatened to fight him, he returned to find they had decapitated one of the swans... and returned to their caravans.....

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well I’ve been feeding some swans on our course for over 3 years .. on their third brood of chicks now. I was told by the lads in the shop yesterday that the local feral brats had been challenged for fishing in the river and when the young lad from the shop went to get some help after they threatened to fight him, he returned to find they had decapitated one of the swans... and returned to their caravans.....

Lovely people.....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

How in God's name could Need_My_Wedge possibly get into trouble for filming an outrageous act of wanton vandalism and public disorder?