Yes Golf Trueplane - Putting Tutor

faunty

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone used one of these?

I'm having problems getting my putter to go back and through without wobbling so I've been trying to decide between the Trueplan, the Yes Golf Path Finder or the Putting Tutor.

My natural path is pretty much straight back and through, any reviews would be greatly appreciated.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
The True plane is longer than the cheaper SKLZ Perfect Plane. Therefore making it better. The SKLZ Perfect plane is great for practicing the short putts, but anything longer and the club runs off the end on the backswing. The True Plane allows for practicing mid length putts easier.

Personally I found the combination of the V-easy and the Yes Pathfinder very good. The V-easy, though not restricting the movement of the clubhead, does help reduce the movement of the arms. (I have a bit of an 'S' shape going on with my backswing.) Which helped me. The Pathfinder, because of how it can be set up, does not restrict the length of the back stroke or follow through like the 'plane' devices above.

I don't know if it was just me, but I found that once I'd taken the 'Plane' type devices away after practicing. I found it difficult to repeat the same action. Though of course we still sell them as it does suit some people.

I hope that's been of some help.

faunty

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks

I've been reading the Dave Pelz putting bible and he recommends the Putting Track and a mirror..........has anyone tried this set-up?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok, I’ve been modest long enough.
You can buy a true plane and it will help you a with the path of your swing but……
It’s big and bulky, its almost £40 and that’s all it does.
On the other hand, The V-Easy does so much more for half the price.
I know I’m biased as I invented it but it will definitely help you with your wobbly backswing.
It also keeps the wrists firm during the putting and chipping stroke AND it helps you with your alignment.
It weighs about half a pound, fits neatly in your golf bag so always available for those impromptu practice sessions and is very easy to use.
But, enough from me. There are a few forumers who have them and hopefully they’ll give you an un-biased opinion of it.
If you want to know more, you can go here .
Advert over :)

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
I haven't, but I did see them being used at the Golf Show when Dave gave a short seminar.

The Putting track is great for a straight back and through stroke. Which is what I thought I did naturally. That was until I practiced some putting with a straight edge under the club. It turns out I have a natural very slight in to square (ish!) to in stroke. Which is why I struggled with training aids that were designed solely around the straight line route.

The advantage of the Yes Pathfinder, is that the 'pegs' at each end of the board can be set up for either method. So if your putting style changes over time, the device can be altered to match.

Good luck whichever route you decide to go down.

Have you considered a putting lesson first though?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
You can buy a true plane and it will help you a with the path of your swing but……
I know I’m biased as I invented it but it will definitely help you with your wobbly backswing.
It also keeps the wrists firm during the putting and chipping stroke AND it helps you with your alignment.
It weighs about half a pound, fits neatly in your golf bag so always available for those impromptu practice sessions and is very easy to use.
But, enough from me. There are a few forumers who have them and hopefully they’ll give you an un-biased opinion of it.

Good point. Well made!

(Do I count as 'unbiased'? Probably not!!)

(Wrong link though :D)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks

I've been reading the Dave Pelz putting bible

I bought this when it first came out, and found it the least rivetting read ever. I was playing 4BBB with my partner who was going through a torrid spell with the putter and often took 3, 4 or 5 putts and, after a notable 5 putt, I said that I had the Dave Peltz Putting Bible if he wanted to borrow it. He answered using language that would make a docker blush and told me what I could do with it! I said that I didn't think that he should read it but if he put it behind the cup it would stop his ball going so far past next time! I cant remember the exact phrase he used after that!

Chris

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

I knew it. Bet you were fit to burst before this post. :D :D

By the way what are your mates rates ?