Yes C Groove putters

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm looking to move from my currect putter to one with a milled face as I feel my putting is suffering down to the inconsistant roll im getting from the insert.

I've looked at the Scotty Cameron range (Obviously )but have had my eye drawn to the YES range of putter, specifically the C Groove Sofia 2.

Just looking for peopleS experiance with YES putters.

Would you recommend them?

Any horror stories?

Muchos Kudos in advance.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Deffo the best putter I have ever had - but putters are so personal it's totally up to you.

I have had mine for 4 years so far and am the best putter in my fourball - don't know if I can blame that on them or the putter tho. The Yes rolls the ball very easily and without skididng or bouncing, I find it so easy to get putts close. Tho I use a heavy headed putter and when the greens are very fast I do get the odd rush of blood and send them 6' past.

yes seem to get the ball rolling very well, just get a head you like the look off and you will not regret the decision.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Personal experience is that they are great putters as long as you have a fairly consistent stroke. I found that if you were a little off the sweetspot, distance control was tricky.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personal experience is that they are great putters as long as you have a fairly consistent stroke. I found that if you were a little off the sweetspot, distance control was tricky.

I hit the ball a bit off the toe when the greens are very fast to help with my distance control - as you say there is a difference with hitting teh sweet spot and not, however, the sweet spot is pretty large and it's the same with all good putters - hit the middle and it will go further than hitting the toe/heel.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you fancy a change of putter and the feel you get off the face, then fair enough, as it is a very mental part of the game, but in all honesty the quality of the roll is down to the stroke you put on the ball. Luke Donald's putter has an insert... yet does he get skidding or a bad roll?

The flipside to that is if you gave me the best Scotty Cameron putter, hand milled by magic pixies, I could still produce crap strikes, skids, bounces you name it... and it would be my stroke at fault, not the club.

Everyone gets lessons on their long game, but rarely on the putting greeen.. have you had a pro look at your stroke? Could save you a good few quid by fixing your stroke, rather than buying a new blade?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think you got the wrong end of my post.

It's not about the quality of the strike. I strike the ball pretty well for my handicap to be honest. I had my stroke checked by the club pro just after the 1st comp' of the season and was quite complementary and only suggested a minor change to my grip.

My issue is with the AGSI+c insert in my putter. From 4ft-6ft in it's very good. Inside 15ft it's acceptable but anything outside this I just don't get the same level feel as I think the insert is too soft.

I tried a Scotty on the practice green and found I had the same level of control from 6ft in and was a lot more consistant with with the control of speed/weight from the areas where I currently struggle and, if anything, was a little better with the YES.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got a Yes Natalie but she's in the cupboard under the stairs at the moment.

I played with her for a couple of years.

It is a very good putter - particularly on quicker greens as you get a tremendous roll on the ball. Where they aren't quite so good, is on slower greens when you have to give them a bit more to get the ball moving and, as my club's greens aren't the quickest, I moved back to my Ping CU5.

But they are very good quality putters.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm not the best putter in the world but have a Yes Tracy and wouldn't swap out.
It's a great putter. Easy on the eye and the C grooves certainly get the ball rolling nicely.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a Yes C Groove putter and its a great putter - sadly I'm not - so I've ditched it for a Seemore belly putter and thats working for me at the moment

Chris

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry G, wrong end of ths stick!

If it helps, I tried out pretty much every putter going a few months back. In the end it came down to feel off the club face and the quality of roll. I went with the Taylor Made Ghost Corza, as it had a firmer feel than a lot of inserts, and the grooves put a relly nice roll on the ball. Don't know if you've tried one, but it might be worth throwing into the mix.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Too late Monty

I have a YES! Robin coming this week.

Tried the TM Ghost range but didn't like the feel of the Pure Roll insert. It felt a little dead to me and just couldn't get on with it.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry G, wrong end of ths stick!

If it helps, I tried out pretty much every putter going a few months back. In the end it came down to feel off the club face and the quality of roll. I went with the Taylor Made Ghost Corza, as it had a firmer feel than a lot of inserts, and the grooves put a relly nice roll on the ball. Don't know if you've tried one, but it might be worth throwing into the mix.

As a side note Monty. I didn't try the Corza, I tried the Daytona model. Maybe a different head style may have played a factor but I'm looking to move back to a blade style putter, hence the move towards the YES! Robin.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well best of luck with the new stick. I thought long and hard about the Ghost when I bought it... bright white putters are a bit like white football boots.. you'd better be able to play if you're weaaring them!

As it happens, I'm getting on really well with the ghost. Phew.