Years playing, Lessons & H'cap

AliMc

Visit site
Just for a bit fun how long have you been playing, how many lessons have you had and what is your current handicap, for me it's
Playing - 51 years
Lessons - 1
H'cap 5.2

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Playing - 51yrs ? (or 54 if you include time hitting a few balls about a playing field)
Lessons - 2 until middle of last year; half dozen or so since.
H’cap - 9.6 (pah!)

AliMc

Visit site
Playing - 51yrs ? (or 54 if you include time hitting a few balls about a playing field)
Lessons - 2 until middle of last year; half dozen or so since.
H’cap - 9.6 (pah!)
My 51 years playing like you is probably about 54 as well as I lived on a farm and hit a few balls around a field next to our house, 51 years playing proper golf

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nearly 40 years since I started but 10 years off after about 5 years.
Quite a few lessons
15 WHI

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
24 years with a 12 year break till 18 months ago.
Lessons - Maybe 12
Current HI 9.3, low was 5

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am suspecting a bit of forum bull with some of these posts. No way have all these people got to single figures without lessons. Maybe if people counted tips from playing partners, you tube tutorials, practising, etc as lessons then maybe we will see some proper figures.
Or maybe the forum is full of naturally gifted players:rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been playing 6 years properly. But I was also playing from age 14 to 20-ish but then I barely played through my 20s. So 20 years on and off but 6 years since the bug got me for real.

I've only had two lessons really. One was bought for me as a gift by my brother in law, and the other was a putting lesson I had before Christmas. I'm not interested in playing 'golf swing' and don't practise in between rounds so no point in lessons.

Handicap 14.5.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I am suspecting a bit of forum bull with some of these posts. No way have all these people got to single figures without lessons. Maybe if people counted tips from playing partners, you tube tutorials, practising, etc as lessons then maybe we will see some proper figures.
Or maybe the forum is full of naturally gifted players:rolleyes:
Hard to describe these as "Lessons" though......