Year end review

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still have a couple of 18s left to play but I hope to keep up the trend of shooting in the 80s.

Generally played less this year, aim is to hit the par 3 course more over winter and hopefully play more next year.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Rediscovered my love of the game, not played well though!! I’ve played so little until recently. My aim is to get down to 15 next year (would need to drop 3 shots). Need to fix my driving which is the biggest cause of my expensive holes.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that our Order of Merit runs from 1st October to end of September I guess it is the end of year - sort of, Qualifiers from now on will count to the next OOM.

Actually done better than I recall - as this time last year was on 19.7 and have come down 2 full shots since then to my lowest ever h/c. Have won just one Medal during the course of the year and not done especially well in the knockouts. But came 5th in the overall Order of Merit. Based on the best 12 scores over the year so I realise it wont "count" to many of you, but to someone of my standard, it's a heck of a result. Generally very pleased with the way I'm playing and am hitting the ball better than have done before. Am sure that the h/c can/will go down a decent bit more yet.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Down from 19 to 15, first hole in one, won decent money throughout the season and only had a small number of 0.1’s.

Can’t complain too much!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Started the year on 5.7, and climbed to 6.8. Its been a frustrating year of almosts. 3 wins, 3 2nd's and 3 3rd's. But only one of them got a small cut of 0.2. 14x 30 points or over but nothing over 36. 3x 27pts. FIR & GIR are excellent but scrambling and putting have been woeful.

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm playing more than ever before and hitting it better than ever before - far fewer thins, duffs, shanks, lost balls. I even had a lesson! My scores haven't really improved though sadly. Still very inconsistent. Just when one part of my game improves another part goes to pieces. Oh well, I enjoyed myself nonetheless and the important thing is that I know what I need to work on. Now I just need to do it. On to next year!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had our end of season comp. last weekend which resulted in my worst score of the year.

Come down from 18.7 to 17.3 and won a medal and a open at our course few seconds around £100 in prize money , so not to bad of a season.

But played poor in the 3 senior opens I played in which was disappointing, enjoyed the golf as ever this year and still would like to get to 15

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Singles it was, Calcutta ... aye I noticed the winners :D

Unlucky mate.
Aye one of the lads who won the Chronicles was off 18, went out the week after and shot a net 57 (14 under) and has miraculously been cut to 11 within weeks of winning that pairs comp 🤔
My mates won one of the other pairs comp, one is off 21 and has only played one or two qualifiers all year 🤔🤔🤔
It's the talk of the clubhouse apparently 😁

Wolf

Visit site
Started ok, played some good, bad and ugly golf. Joined a new club, won a board comp and haven't played since July for no reason other than I haven't really been bothered.. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing 😂

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Considering I didn't play for 3 months over winter due to ongoing Crohn's illness and diagnosis I'm pretty pleased with dropping from 13.0 to 11.8 thanks to two tidy scores at the back-end of the year. Hoping to have a much more productive winter now my symptoms are much more under control. My game has been solid though, just not been consistent due to lack of practice, but my short game has been on fire the last few weeks and my best score came when I hit the ball terribly off the tee, scrambled like a mad man. If I can keep that up and improve my long game over winter I'm sure I can get down to 10 next season, which is the goal.

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
My season is pretty much done. Work travel means i've probably got 1 qualifier left.

I've played 17 qualifiers this year and had 7 x 0.1's , 6 buffers and 4 cuts.

Managed to dip into cat one twice, but found myself back out of it both times shortly after. Started the season on 5.8 and am currently 5.5. Ironically, I think i've played the most steady golf i've ever played. Only had a few rounds that were not in the 70's and I was unlucky in that I had a couple of really good rounds whereby one ended up being non qualifying (all the bunkers were washed out - AND i never went in one anyway grrrrrrr) and CSS in the other for some reason going down (it never goes down grrrrrrr) , so if these had have worked out better i'd have in the low 5's. Still one comp to go and its likely that i'll be stepping off the red eye from South Africa via Paris so i'm not hopefully of getting back to 5.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This season has to go down as a success after hanging around 7/8 handicap for the last few years.
Main change has been irons. Everything else was clicking last year apart from those. Constant fats. This year I have stopped a habit of driving laterally on the down swing and more a feel of rotation. Gone from hitting 90% fat irons to just the very odd one now. Night and day.
Handicap dropped from 7.5 to a low of 4.6 and ended at 5.2 :)
Won golfer of the year by 16 points. Best 10 cards. Lead that from the start. Targeted a average of 37 points and hammered it to an average of 39.1 :)
Played 48 comps and managed a season goal of more birdies than double bogies or worse. 55 birds 51 doubles or worse. Always gave me something to play for on those off days.
Won more comps this year than I have my whole golfing life.
Shot a PB at my home course 2 weeks running. 1 over then 1 under. Previous best there was 2 over. Not shooting level par or breaking par at home was beginning to be a monkey on my back. Glad to get that out of the way.

Glad to have the season over now. Be nice to not play competition golf for a while. The course is wet now and winter work has begun on the greens. Roll on next year. :)

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Not played enough golf at all, which has meant have been quite rusty when I have played. Still not sure between my M1 driver and old Ping G20. The G20 does seem to be considerably more forgiving to off centre hits and carries further, but I definitely hit the M1 a bit straighter. I'll probably play more golf this winter than I have during the summer, and having finally retired paying cricket, hoping to get more golf in next summer. Happy golfing all.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Unlucky mate.
Aye one of the lads who won the Chronicles was off 18, went out the week after and shot a net 57 (14 under) and has miraculously been cut to 11 within weeks of winning that pairs comp 🤔
My mates won one of the other pairs comp, one is off 21 and has only played one or two qualifiers all year 🤔🤔🤔
It's the talk of the clubhouse apparently 😁

That nett 57 is ridiculous like ... been a few comps where it’s been someone winning by a 5 or 6 shot difference to second

Noticed a certain league one ref has tumbled down from 20 to 13 in the matter of weeks too

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
This season has to go down as a success after hanging around 7/8 handicap for the last few years.
Main change has been irons. Everything else was clicking last year apart from those. Constant fats. This year I have stopped a habit of driving laterally on the down swing and more a feel of rotation. Gone from hitting 90% fat irons to just the very odd one now. Night and day.
Handicap dropped from 7.5 to a low of 4.6 and ended at 5.2 :)
Won golfer of the year by 16 points. Best 10 cards. Lead that from the start. Targeted a average of 37 points and hammered it to an average of 39.1 :)
Played 48 comps and managed a season goal of more birdies than double bogies or worse. 55 birds 51 doubles or worse. Always gave me something to play for on those off days.
Won more comps this year than I have my whole golfing life.
Shot a PB at my home course 2 weeks running. 1 over then 1 under. Previous best there was 2 over. Not shooting level par or breaking par at home was beginning to be a monkey on my back. Glad to get that out of the way.

Glad to have the season over now. Be nice to not play competition golf for a while. The course is wet now and winter work has begun on the greens. Roll on next year. :)

Nice work Gazza !!!