Xbox 360-Who's playing?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
And what are you playing?

Getting a bit board of Woods 09 now its so easy I am hammering Pro Evo 09. Anyone else played it? Legend mode is a great spin on the game but can become a bit annoying at times.

Visit site
And what are you playing?

Getting a bit board of Woods 09 now its so easy I am hammering Pro Evo 09. Anyone else played it? Legend mode is a great spin on the game but can become a bit annoying at times.

I am loving PES 09 ATM, and cant keep off the Master League. As a West Brom fan I am using them but I need to buy quite a few players as they are not good enough! :rolleyes:

Haven't played many games online yet but have beaten the Man Utd and Barcelona crew with the Baggies so chuffed with that :)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm getting frustrated with PES 09 now, stupid tackles that win the ball ref is giving free kicks for, booking and reds for nothing challenges. Playing as MAN U and the A.I seems a little dull. Control system seems to have taken a step back from last years.

All my mates are pro through and through and alot of them have all turned to fifa this year and I must admit... I am tempted!

Anyone played the new Brothers in arms?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aside from Tiger Woods I am currently playing Fallout 3(basically post apocalyptic Oblivion) and Saints Row 2 (Grand Theft Auto that does not take itself too seriously). Both are pretty good and are keeping occupied when I cannot get on the course.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Loving saints row 2. gonna blast it later infact aint played it for a couple of weeks

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tony what is wrong with you fifa beats the pants off of pro evo in terms of realism and AI !!! Pro evo has its merit in terms of being a great arcade style game good to play in large numbers but Fifa is far superior in all the other factors.

Oh yea the pro evo v fifa debate - If you hadn't guessed I am a staunch fifa supporter ;)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always had the feeling with fifa you were never really in control, couldn't always fully control the players and once you got near the goal it was either a belter in top corner or miss, that was it. Am gonna get fifa tonight so I will let you know how I get on with it.

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
Boys!!! not got an X Box but there sounds like far to much enthusiasim in this thread.

I like computers but friends are better!! LOL!

I'm just teasing (says the man on a golf forum at half ten at night with a female next to him)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well just played the first match of the new FIFA and must admit, so far so good.

Come on leaps and bounds since the last time I gave it a good go, the realism compared to pro is immense but only time will tell what the playability is like.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its alot different than PES and will take some getting used too.

I like the fact you can change the controls so they are just like the PES ones.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everyone who usually plays PES says that! I can see what you mean about the differences, is it me or is gameplay actually slower in FIFA games? More realistic, but slower nonetheless. As another plus side is it not nice to be playing as e.g. Tottenham Hotspur as opposed to North London White or whatever they are called in pro evo. when you get used to it you will love it. I just never get time to play it- probably about 1.5 hours worth of play since i bought it when it was released!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah it is slower, Its great to have all the official licences and stadiums aswell actually gives a greater feel to playing.

I get to play quite a bit actually, esp when everyone is in work and I am off and can't be bothered doing anything.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Anyone played Far Cry 2, might pick this up over the weekend.

Had a good look at it....decided to pre-order COD5.
The online 4 player co-op swayed it for me.

Understand F1 is coming to the 360 early next year.
That'll be a laugh competing online with my mates.
Don't like the ps3 online experience

Visit site
Bought Gears of War 2 on Friday from Sainsburys for £29 with £15 of Nectar points off so £14! Great fun.

Also finally joined the FIFA 09 (£24.71 from Asda) bandwagon and have so say that its not bad at all. It certainly beats PES with Official Teams, Stadiums, Features etc but PES still has the edge with gameplay IMO. Played a 10v10 match last night and it was like a real life Under 7's game with everyone following the ball and trying to be Ronaldo with it!