Wristwatches whilst playing?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am not RN or RM but ex RAF and my watch is always 5 mins fast. It comes off when playing golf though.

Yeah this sounds about right, I would suspect all Armed Forces do, but would have only backed RM and RN for sure!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always wear a watch but bought a cheap "g shock" as the second hand got dislodged from my rotary on contact.
Never wear anything else as don't like things interfering with swing.
Don't wear hats unless it is pi$$ing down as I hate them.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's a wristwatch? :cool:
I tell the time from my mobile or car or PC or a clock.
Haven't worn one since first day at junior school. It would drive me crazy. I sometimes notice my wedding band, which I'm not allowed to remove.....I lost the first one :( I sometimes tap it on the head of my putter whilst standing around.....don't know where that came from?? :D

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Used to always remove my watch as it felt better but got a new watch earlier in the year and now always keep it on as the strap gives no bother at all. Strap type will obviously rule some watches out when playing golf...

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Although I can play with or without a watch I do find the strap does give additional support to my wrist. The one I have a Timex Shock Ironman Triathalon with indiglow. The velcro canvase strap is just great for golf over the usual metal or leather straps most watches have.

One added advantage, this watch can store my score as I play.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I do own a wedding ring but never wear it. Wife understands as I do a manual job and would like to keep my finger!

Watches.
Wear a heavy analogue job and dress watch for nights out etc.
Have a £10 Argos digital job for work. I also play golf in it. Doesn't afect my game as I still play crap without it!

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I leave the wedding ring on mainly because it is difficult to get off-fingers expanded after 22 yrs of marriage.

As for the watch i generally leave the watch on-however recently got a new expandable strap on one watch and cannot play golf with this watch as it keeps slipping down my arm and annoying me. Now wear a watch with a standard metal clasp which stays in place.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Always used to wear a watch, but with nice new gloves I noticed that it was interfering with the closing flap and putting pressure on the back of my hand. Consequently, now take it off and pop it into the zipped valuables pocket in my bag where it's safe as houses and I don't even think about how long/short the round is. If there's one place where I shouldn't be thinking about the clock, it's the golf course.

Wedding ring always worn and don't notice it. The only time I took it off was when I had a 2-thumb putter grip and it made gripping it the way I wanted to very difficult. Of course the wife assumed that because I had taken to removing my ring before going that I must be having an affair with a golf lady...

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
. Of course the wife assumed that because I had taken to removing my ring before going that I must be having an affair with a golf lady...

Reminds me of the joke about the guy who's having an affair, goes home to his wife 5 hours late, stops in the garden and pulls out handfuls of grass and rubs it on the bottom of his trousers. Wife opens the door, rolling pin in hand and says " You Bas$*%d, you've been playing golf again!" :D