Wrap Grips

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looking to re-grip my irons and wedges with a wrap style grip and was wondering which, if any, you good folk would recommend?

I've looked at a few:

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G

Lamkin White Perma Wrap 3Gen

Winn Excel RF

Any recommendations/warnings from you knowledgable folk would be appreciated :thup:

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not got a clue? I have been looking myself. The only thing I can say is I am not a fan off Winn grips full stop. I am leaning towards the Lamkin ones. But that is only as I like their grips nothing else.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not got a clue? I have been looking myself. The only thing I can say is I am not a fan off Winn grips full stop. I am leaning towards the Lamkin ones. But that is only as I like their grips nothing else.

What didn't you like about WInn grips Dave?

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
They never seem to have any tackiness to them, any they do have seems to go quickly. Also just found them uncomfortable. Hard to describe its just a feel thing. You may love them.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry off topic! But how is the S&T going. Just got the book to have a look. Only flicked though it at the moment. But does not seem to be much on the driver?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry off topic! But how is the S&T going. Just got the book to have a look. Only flicked though it at the moment. But does not seem to be much on the driver?

Going pretty well thanks Dave.

There isn't anything on hitting specific clubs in the book more ball positions and the swing pattern itself. Definatley worth a read :thup:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking to re-grip my irons and wedges with a wrap style grip and was wondering which, if any, you good folk would recommend?

I've looked at a few:

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G

Lamkin White Perma Wrap 3Gen

Winn Excel RF

Any recommendations/warnings from you knowledgable folk would be appreciated :thup:

I have Tour Wrap 2G on my wedges and they are great in my book. Always tacky and nice and soft to really feel what's going on.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will deffo give it a good read. Ok know I've pulled your leg about it. Mainly to get James going :whistle:.
But the truth is, It does not matter a damn how you swing as long as you can repeat it on a constant basis. After all the ball could not care less. It only know how you hit it.

I will have to take a trip down to Stoke on Trent one day. Not that far from Manchester. (use to fish alot of matches around there). :thup:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Will deffo give it a good read. Ok know I've pulled your leg about it. Mainly to get James going :whistle:.
But the truth is, It does not matter a damn how you swing as long as you can repeat it on a constant basis. After all the ball could not care less. It only know how you hit it.

I will have to take a trip down to Stoke on Trent one day. Not that far from Manchester. (use to fish alot of matches around there). :thup:

If ever you're in the area Dave let me know :thup: