Would you miss Mickelson?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I haven't missed him, so the answer is no.

With the mania and media circus that accompanies Woods it's obvious he's the only one that people (broadly speaking) miss. There'll be no mass hysteria when (if) Phil returns.

I have a passing interest in most tournaments, more so when there's top players and most interest when McIlroy (local interest etc.!) is playing in a good field. The golf situation is interesting now with threats from other 'tours' - I don't think relying on past 'talent' to ensure relevance is the way to go for established tours; building up and hyping the new 'talent' will work in the long run I think, but obsession with Phil, Woods and to some extent (albeit lesser) even DJ and McIlroy is detrimental.

As for Phil's wedge game, there's others that can do it - Lowry for one.... but the hype is considerably less!

D

Deleted member 1147

With the mania and media circus that accompanies Woods it's obvious he's the only one that people (broadly speaking) miss. There'll be no mass hysteria when (if) Phil returns.

I have a passing interest in most tournaments, more so when there's top players and most interest when McIlroy (local interest etc.!) is playing in a good field. The golf situation is interesting now with threats from other 'tours' - I don't think relying on past 'talent' to ensure relevance is the way to go for established tours; building up and hyping the new 'talent' will work in the long run I think, but obsession with Phil, Woods and to some extent (albeit lesser) even DJ and McIlroy is detrimental.

As for Phil's wedge game, there's others that can do it - Lowry for one.... but the hype is considerably less!

I often think Phil hits a lot of very average wedge shots, for someone so hyped up by the golf media

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Got to be honest, I hope Tiger finishes soon as the where has Tiger been spotted this week, what shoe is he road testing, private plane located in.....is getting very boring/annoying now.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Perhaps a surprisingly candid tigger :

Full article on Beeb

Woods added: "I have not reached out to him, I have not spoken to him. A lot of it has not to do with personal issues, it is viewpoints of how the Tour should be run and could be run and what players are playing for and how we are playing for it. I have a completely different stance on that."