Worst Vanity Purchase/Just plain baad buy.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As a counterpoint to the Best Purchase thread,how about we all fess up to our worst vanity purchase,or just plain baaaad buy!

I will start with a couple of beauties in a long long list.

1, A pair of red (Imean RED!) nike shorts in Portugal 2 years ago. They were way way too tight (had to get mates to pick ball out of hole tight) and only fitted after a dose of dysentry.

2, My Pink and White MyJoys. I thought I looked sooo cool until I rocked up at Benamor last year to play with my mate who is President and the Pro. The Pro (top bloke) took one look at my feet and said "F*** me you must be good to wear those" then after suggested I put them away until I had a game to match.

And there are more....so many more!!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
OK, are you either the best buyers in christendom or the biggest bunch of delusional fibbers I have met?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hahaha, i was just trying to think but ave not been round the block yet.

To be fair my worst buy aint that bad, just a plain blue callaway jumper with white down the sleeves.

Only cost me £15 and bought it because i forgot my jumper on the day and it was well cold.

I dont think al ever wear it again after seeing it on a pic! Reminds me of a school jumper!

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
pink ralph lauren cap to go with a pink polo last summer,it was just plain wrong,HID now wears it going to the gym it looks quite good on her.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh GOD!!!

Now I have to admit to the pink Quinta Do Lago cap to go with the MyJoys,and I paid £25 for it.

D

Deleted member 1147

J Lindberg sweater. It was so cool, it was classic old, grey V neck.

But, and it's a big but, it was too small. Way too small.(and I'm only a 12 stone weakling!!)

But it would have looked really, really good!

old school baby!!

D

Deleted member 1147

I also bought some Footjoy realfit shoes - but they're really comfy (for now)!!

Hopefully they won't fit into this category!???!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If I could list the 40 somethings wearing JL at my club and thinking they look cool!!!

The one time I am glad to be a fat lad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Probably my blue stromberg trousers (with blue trim) matched with a pair of baby blue and white myjoys and a light blue callaway top for the Masters at my club last year.

Not the look to shoot +5 and +8 in

D

Deleted member 1147

If I could list the 40 somethings wearing JL at my club and thinking they look cool!!!

The one time I am glad to be a fat lad.

Well fortunatley Nico I'm neither a fat lad, nor am I a 40 something!

Slightly bigger and it would have been the muts nuts!!:cool:

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sadly I am both.

Had my first salad of the summer tonight cos I cant get into my shorts!

Also means abstaining from the demon drink until my Bday on the 31st.